Death Spectres & Ghoul Stars

hninja

Some questions regarding the Death Spectres.

Are Death Spectres stationed beyond the boundry of the Imperium?

And I cant remember where it says this but the Death Spectres are said to maintain a constant vigil to ensure that the supernatural inhabitants of the Ghoul Stars never again threaten the galaxy. So the question to that would be what supernatural beings are they talking about?

Thanks!

Some questions regarding the Death Spectres.

Are Death Spectres stationed beyond the boundry of the Imperium?

They are at the very edge of Imperial Space and probably operate somewhat beyond, but are still within the bounds of the Imperium.

And I cant remember where it says this but the Death Spectres are said to maintain a constant vigil to ensure that the supernatural inhabitants of the Ghoul Stars never again threaten the galaxy. So the question to that would be what supernatural beings are they talking about?

I'm afraid there is no answer to that, the Ghoul Stars and their "supernatural" inhabitants first appeared in the 5th Edition Codex and I don't recall any other mention of such a threat or what it might be exactly. There are thousands of various alien races that threaten the Imperium. Many have been wiped out over the 10,000 years the Imperium has been around and there are other, stranger things in existence, the inhabitants of the Ghoul Stars could be anything but are apparently a significant enough threat for an entire Chapter to guard against them.

The imperium spans all of existence! Just cause we can't go to most of it means NOTHING! It is manifest destiny! We rule it cause it is the Devine right of man to rule the stars!

The Ghoul Stars are the home of the Cythor Fiends, a race of ultra-violent xenos, which are apparently much feared within that region.

There is mention in the Black Templars Codex of High Marshall Helbrecht leading a crusade to attempt to exterminate the Cythor Fiends (unsuccessfully due to the Third War for Armageddon leading to their redeployment), but apart from the occasional mention here and there, there isn't much to go on.

It's another one of those things where they give a hint about something and leave you to fill in the blanks yourself. There's hundreds of these fragments throughout 40K. So, until they fill in the details, the Cythor Fiends can be pretty much whatever you want them to be.