The Darkest Hour

Jakobus

I've just been reading up on Tyranid hive fleets, partly in prep for the Deathwatch RPG and partly because I'm toying with the idea of a Genestealer cult army... but anyway to the point.

I don't happen to have my BA codex handy as a friend has borrowed it, but which Hive fleet is on the direct course with Baal? I initially thought it was Leviathan but the path of that fleet seems to be coming in from the bottom edge of the universe which would have to go through a lot of space with at least three chapters homeworlds along that path.

So is there a tendril of Leviathan that has been able to move that far out from the main hive fleet? Or am I remembering the write-up on Darkest hour incorrectly?

buuut; then leviathan got through/past the Maelstrom?

becuase BAAL is not far north of it :S

so.... what would've been the faith of the red corsairs etc?

Remember the galaxy is not 2d. The milky way is a big place- I'm sure the Nid ships could figure out how to navigate obstacles.

My question is: why is Leviathan going after Baal in particular, and how does anyone know that it is?

Remember the galaxy is not 2d. The milky way is a big place- I'm sure the Nid ships could figure out how to navigate obstacles.

My question is: why is Leviathan going after Baal in particular, and how does anyone know that it is?

Warp echos? We know theyre attracted to large warp signatures, perhaps this daemonic incursion has been coming for longer than we thought- or heck, maybe they started that way when sanguinius was still around, who knows?

The Tyranids aren't really going after anywhere in particular (other than Terra, as noted in Codex: Tyranids). They just sort of chug along eating whatever they come across. The Baal system got unlucky, unfortunately.

Firedrake28, one of the codexes, either the necron one or maybe one of the books described how tyranids avoid necron worlds. Also, one of the Commisars (Yarrik?) had a plan to exterminus worlds to redirect the tyranids towards ork worlds.

Dunno off the top of my head which refs (so many out there!) but the hive fleets aren't completely directionless.

Firedrake28, one of the codexes, either the necron one or maybe one of the books described how tyranids avoid necron worlds. Also, one of the Commisars (Yarrik?) had a plan to exterminus worlds to redirect the tyranids towards ork worlds.

Dunno off the top of my head which refs (so many out there!) but the hive fleets aren't completely directionless.

No, I know. I didn't explain what I meant very well, my mistake. What I meant to say is that there's likely no real reason behind the Tyranids arriving in the Baal system other than random chance - the Nids were just being Nids and they stumbled across the Blood Angels' territory.

Your thinking of kryptmans gamble, he redirected one of leviathans tendrils into the orc empire of charadon as a delaying tactic after he had been kicked out of the ordo for instigating the leviathan quaratine and giving up all the worlds covered by the shadow.

nids arnt directionless,they are attracted to phsycic beacons(the emperor for instance) and food and the calls of genestealer cults. now if blood angels can feel the call of items that have hld the blood of sanguinius, how might the call of his corpse affect nids? after all baal is kinda barren with not a lot of populace for feeding on...

Archived