Nid and BA FAQ

Stormbrow II

isnt that how any player would be? especially one that was already missing a few sharp fangs? take away a few choice bits and they are left with crap

hell im sorry not every codex has something as paper theory awesome sauce as thunderlords but jesus throw the nids a bone they need one.

Throw nids a bone? Nothing is wrong with their army, they have a codex that is up to eddition, several units that can deep strike and then go back into reserve, and drop pods that are monsterous creatures with multiple wounds. Hell Ill take those over our drop pods any day. GW doesn't need to do anything for Nids, the players just need to retool their army and get over it.

monsterous creature drop pods? really you think thats an advantage?

eldar have a unit that can deep strike and go into reserve the very same turn all game remember and that unit sucks.

your argument sucks.

I believe he meant in the sense that they aren't easy kill points like Drop pods are. I do think if the 'nids can't affect psyker's in vehicles that the other options for psychic defense shouldn't work either. Or at least not on things that aren't directed out of the vehicle.

So if you pop your head out of your rhino to toss lightning at someone,they should have the chance to stop it. But keeping your head in your land raider and casting storm caller wouldn't...

How many psykers are running around in your games that this Shadow nerf has your nose bent this badly? Most games I play, theres only 1. Maybe some more if you're playing BA's but Mepheston and libby dreads aren't gonna be in Rhinos anyway. Sure, it's a nerf but it's not like the army is unplayable now.

Throw nids a bone? Nothing is wrong with their army, they have a codex that is up to eddition, several units that can deep strike and then go back into reserve, and drop pods that are monsterous creatures with multiple wounds. Hell Ill take those over our drop pods any day. GW doesn't need to do anything for Nids, the players just need to retool their army and get over it.

Agreed. I'm not feeling the "throw the 'nids a bone" vibe either. Especially when I can think of at least four cow-sized leg bones they got with their new dex, e.g. trygon (prime and mawloc included), Doom of Malantai, tyrannofex, Parasite of Mortrex, Ymgarl stealers, Swarm Lord, etc...

Oh wait, that's more like eight cow-sized leg bones. I never was very good at math... :Troops:

The :cussing FAQ for nids is NERF NERF NERF (most of em anyway) , it makes me sick that they literally just nerfed everything other players complain about and dont even look in not the actual rule and hence they totally changed the rules like it never was printed

monsterous creature drop pods? really you think thats an advantage?

eldar have a unit that can deep strike and go into reserve the very same turn all game remember and that unit sucks.

your argument sucks.

I believe he meant in the sense that they aren't easy kill points like Drop pods are. I do think if the 'nids can't affect psyker's in vehicles that the other options for psychic defense shouldn't work either. Or at least not on things that aren't directed out of the vehicle.

So if you pop your head out of your rhino to toss lightning at someone,they should have the chance to stop it. But keeping your head in your land raider and casting storm caller wouldn't...

Well they have crap armor save and 4 wounds T4 , a krack missile / Melta ..........gone no cover save most times cause of MC so i wouldnt say they arent easier targets then rhinos especially they cant move away or hide in cover or even do much in CC (I1 and T4 WS 2 4+ save arent helping either) lol

Throw nids a bone? Nothing is wrong with their army, they have a codex that is up to edition, several units that can deep strike and then go back into reserve, and drop pods that are monsterous creatures with multiple wounds. Hell Ill take those over our drop pods any day. GW doesn't need to do anything for Nids, the players just need to retool their army and get over it.

Maybe you should also tell the Nid players why a lot of units and thier abilities dont work much , lictors that needs to be on the table to make reserve rolls to work ? Trygon tunnel assult cant benifit reveners while its totally fluffy ? (also FAQ isnt helping to make it better) , Cover saves with maloc bursting right under you ? really ? Lash whip.........

Agreed. I'm not feeling the "throw the 'nids a bone" vibe either. Especially when I can think of at least four cow-sized leg bones they got with their new dex, e.g. trygon (prime and mawloc included), Doom of Malantai, tyrannofex, Parasite of Mortrex, Ymgarl stealers, Swarm Lord, etc...

Oh wait, that's more like eight cow-sized leg bones. I never was very good at math... :P

Trygon = awesome

Mawloc = cause burring back to the ground every two turns help a lot for using a blash marker that a vindicator would do the same or actually better for more than half price every turn......AND first the Mawloc has to get out from reserve first......so how effective is terror from the deep is ? Not really effective

Doom = renamed to Doom of fail after the FAQ , the FAQ nerfed it to a unbalanced crap of turd

Tyrannofex................right cause they have the ONLY S10 gun thats AP4 in the whole 40k game (really ? A S10 gun that rips tanks cant even penetrate the armor of a fire warrior ? really ?) , shoot at BS 3 , hey better flamers.......oh wait my swarm is in front ...........

Parasite = plain crap unless used with rippers.........oh wait people dont use rippers cause they are made of faill too , read the rules on what happens when they are out of synapse and i think any one sensible wont use em

Ymgarl = cause Genestelaers use to have armor 4+ , and a decked out stealer does the same thing without choosing what ability to use , and most of the time the enemy will know where you hid them so they will probably die with deployment

swarm lord..........right cuase that is like what points again ? oh wait i have to also buy tyrant guards since it will die to lasscannon senselessly cause a SM captain with a In save can have a better chance of taking on lascannon compared to a a 60 feet tall bug......some sense there GW ?

The :cussing FAQ for nids is NERF NERF NERF (most of em anyway) , it makes me sick that they literally just nerfed everything other players complain about and dont even look in not the actual rule and hence they totally changed the rules like it never was printed

Multiple biomoprhs work, for sure- good.

Instinctive behavior is out first turn they come in- good.

They decided to limit hive commander? This is a gray area, and I can see thats how theyd play it even if it wasnt how I would have. However they did clarify that multiple bonuses do stack- and how often do you see two tyrants anyways?

MCs with wings can deep strike- this is good.

Multiple Barrages for the harpy, thats always good.

etc etc etc. It really wasnt a nerf on anything but the Doom, and the hive commander- and somethings got alot better, like the Mawloc being able to try and deploy right on top of a unit despite it being outside of RAW.

They decided to limit hive commander? This is a gray area, and I can see thats how theyd play it even if it wasnt how I would have. However they did clarify that multiple bonuses do stack- and how often do you see two tyrants anyways?

etc etc etc. It really wasnt a nerf on anything but the Doom, and the hive commander- and somethings got alot better, like the Mawloc being able to try and deploy right on top of a unit despite it being outside of RAW.

Yes i see your point , but these points are all what they should be using in the first place if people actually read the rules or are not dumb (really ? they need to argue about weapon biomorphs ? and can a mawloc deepstrike onto a unit , the BRb says you can deep strike ANYWHERE on the table)

Yes these are the tiny points that "arent nerfed" but how about the many nerfs ? Lash whip ? Doom ? (Nerfed to death) Shadow in the warps (seriously ?) ? No IC joing pods ? Spore pods that can be lashed ? giving cover saves from mawloc ? (still dont really know how the cover works) ? Cant use the wound allocation trick on reveners (they need it bad for their 5+ save) ? Less flexiblity on the use of the trygon tunnel (ok it was fair but not necessary needed to nerf)

All im saying is, the FAQ was more about nerfing the army and clearing up questions that already can be sovled by reading the rules or using just a little common sense, and for people that say Nids are So good they need a nerf...........right cause they Soooooooooo need a nerf........

I don't think anyone here is saying the 'nids are deserved to get smacked around with the nerf bat. What we are saying is that the 'nids are a decent army with a number of decent options. Things are just getting blown out of proportion now.

What started as a playful banter has degenerated into a we got nerfed-harder-than-you-got-nerfed slugfest.

:devil:

I have to agree with Grey Mage; some things got hit with the nerf bat, and others things got better.

FAQs, like it or not, come with the territory. Bottom line is, if you don't like what they've done to your army (whatever it may be) through the codices or FAQs, maybe it's time for a switch.

Come on, brothers! We are Sons of Russ...our time is better spent drinking ale and feasting on roasted boar than arguing about how much weaker our enemies have become.

The F ing FAQ for nids is NERF NERF NERF (most of em anyway) , it makes me sick that they literally just nerfed everything other players complain about and dont even look in not the actual rule and hence they totally changed the rules like it never was printed

Yes i see your point , but these points are all what they should be using in the first place if people actually read the rules or are not dumb (really ? they need to argue about weapon biomorphs ? and can a mawloc deepstrike onto a unit , the BRb says you can deep strike ANYWHERE on the table)

Yes these are the tiny points that "arent nerfed" but how about the many nerfs ? Lash whip ? Doom ? (Nerfed to death) Shadow in the warps (seriously ?) ? No IC joing pods ? Spore pods that can be lashed ? giving cover saves from mawloc ? (still dont really know how the cover works) ? Cant use the wound allocation trick on reveners (they need it bad for their 5+ save) ? Less flexiblity on the use of the trygon tunnel (ok it was fair but not necessary needed to nerf)

All im saying is, the FAQ was more about nerfing the army and clearing up questions that already can be sovled by reading the rules or using just a little common sense, and for people that say Nids are So good they need a nerf...........right cause they Soooooooooo need a nerf........

Actually it doesnt- the deep striking rules say you have to place the model, and you cannot 'normally' place a model within 1" of an enemy unless you are assaulting them- wich you cannot do during the movement phase. That will be a game changer for my LGS.

Spore Pods could already be lashed- they are incapable of moving, not incapable of being moved. A rock cannot move, but you can pick it up and throw it.

I do agree- the ICs not being able to jump in pods is odd. You admit yourself that the trygon tunnel is a fair call, and you have to admit that flyers coming up out of the ground is an odd stretch as it is.

Common sense is common- its a god damn super power.

then common sense would state that a few inches of reinforced plasteel is no defence against shadow in the warp yet we see this bs call.

and actually yes deep striking models can be placed ANYWHERE. In the case of myceotic spores and drop pods they simply move to a workable location.

then common sense would state that a few inches of reinforced plasteel is no defence against shadow in the warp yet we see this bs call.

and actually yes deep striking models can be placed ANYWHERE. In the case of myceotic spores and drop pods they simply move to a workable location.

No, thats really not the case:

brb, pg. 95

Place one model from the unit anywhere on the table

Is probly where your refering to? So riddle me this with all of that common sense of yours- how are you placing it on my Grey Hunters? Theyre not part of the table, and theyre certainly to thick to let you touch the terrain feature theyre standing on. Not to mention, I simply wont let you place your model on top of mine for fear of breaking both.

Oh, and of course:

brb, pg. 11

A model may not move into or through the space occupied by another model (wich is represented by its base or by its hull)....

To keep this distinction clear, a model may not move within 1" of an enemy model unless assaulting.

Really, without the FAQ its just not possible. You have to scatter onto the unit to get the benefit of its special rules, because your not placing it within 1" of my stuff.

And seriously, Doom is far from nerfed- consider for a moment that its only 90pts, this is still a fairly aggressive and powerful unit for its price.

and others things got better.

which would be that ? the mawlock ? you can still take cover from it . it doesnt nothing to stuff on second tier of buildings and try to fit one inside a building without it falling over all the time . if the biomorfs stacking is a buff .... well then this means that before we were realy in deep :verymad: .

but only for untis that are entering . if a non synaps is on the table and a synaps enters the table they still roll for instinct .

However they did clarify that multiple bonuses do stack

with a lictor . so turn 2 it comes on +4. turn 3 on +3 and then the next turn[turn 4 of the game] a nid player can start using his stacking buff. eldar use stacking buffs from turn 1 .

Ah and the reserv buffs works only when the tyrant is actualy on the table [but the rules only said he had to be alive , nothing about him being on the table].

that is a buff 0_o ?

How many psykers are running around in your games that this Shadow nerf has your nose bent this badly?

farseers , DPs , rune priests . the way it is worded right now means nids lost their anti psyker buff and remember this is not a rule book change it is not "and all pasive auras stop working on units in transports ] no it is just doom [which I dont care if it was or was not nerfed] and shadow. hoods, runes, rune staffs work just fine.

:verymad: me thinks the mead flows to heavy here especially when bull crap keeps getting slung around here.

anyone who thinks the nids made it out better with this faq is dead wrong. this was a beating with a nerf bat making machine.

i can place a spore much like a drop pod anywhere i want on a table. if your grey hunters happen to be under it the spore simple moves over to the closest area discharges its contents (which mind you cant have an IC for some stupid reason) in which case it either shoots what everh ap4-6 it has and then gets beat not just because your grey hunters are there but almost any unit that gets the charge will beat most of the nid options.

grey mage your not stating a single buff at all in this thread all the small points are already figured out stuff or little to nothing.

:lol: me thinks the mead flows to heavy here especially when bull crap keeps getting slung around here.

anyone who thinks the nids made it out better with this faq is dead wrong. this was a beating with a nerf bat making machine.

i can place a spore much like a drop pod anywhere i want on a table. if your grey hunters happen to be under it the spore simple moves over to the closest area discharges its contents (which mind you cant have an IC for some stupid reason) in which case it either shoots what everh ap4-6 it has and then gets beat not just because your grey hunters are there but almost any unit that gets the charge will beat most of the nid options.

grey mage your not stating a single buff at all in this thread all the small points are already figured out stuff or little to nothing.

No, a drop pod cant do that. You can only reduce the scatter, not increase it.

The reason you dont see buffs is you havent be playing by the rules- youve been making assumptions and are now upset when reality doesnt reach your expectations.

assumptions eh? sorry charlie your the one making assumptions. by rules you can drop your pod/deepstriking unit anywhere. if its not a pod/spore and lands on a unit or the other rules then you roll on misdrop table (or whats it called) if its a pod/spore it uses the special rule and simply moves over.

now stop making assumptions play by the rules and stop putting sprinkles on a turd faq and calling it good.

enjoy

Comments are getting testy. Keep the debate emotionless, clinical, and non personal. Failure to comply will result it warnings and/or thread closure.

That ruling is just going to cause BA players to add more priests to their lists.

To which I add more Missile Launchers. :)

The Furious Charge is the real complaint there, FNP is not terribly difficult to get past.

I disagree that nids are great.

I also disagree that nids got a beating with the nerf bat.

Some units are overpriced for what they do, others under priced. I play nids (they have actually taken over from guard as my second choice army but i'm sure it will change) and it has taken me a while to get used to this incarnation. I have had to change the way i play with them as well as many of the units i took. Gone are the days of me taking 30-40 hormagaunts and at least 10 rippers. Now its termagaunts. I take the swarmlord, mostly because I think he's cool. I have never taken doom, and have used deathleaper once. I found him too expensive for what he does.

However, nids are in no way shape or form a weak army, and they aren't the all conquering powerhouses that people seem to think. Far too much is made of units like Doom and Trygons/mawlocs. Just take missile launchers/plasma and stand in terrain and you'll be fine.

Before the FAQ, if the Doom landed near my army and I didn't bring a Marshal, everything nearby would usually take enough wounds that I couldn't bring it down in CC. With only one powerfist attack and no Wolf Guard like squad leader options, the Doom would almost always save. Taking ten wounds from that thing can be a beast.

Not every army comes packing 5 missile launchers minimum.

The Doom needed the nerf and got it. I'm glad. Now the Nid player has to tactically support his Doom. Emperor forbid they should have to protect their pieces like the rest of us. A throw away drive-by unit that will always make its points back before tying up some heavy support shooting for a turn was a no-brainer.

I don't have any sympathy for Nid players, nor will I. They still have a beastly codex with Swarmlord, Trygons, Tervigons, Flying Monstrous Creatures and Deep Striking Genestealers.

I'll let you know when they start to become a pushover army, because they aren't yet.

I'm not complaining about the Tyranids either, they are a good army with good options. I can beat them some of the time, but I still have to take them seriously. That is how it should be.

The Doom is the biggest FAQ change. Shadow in the Warp was a bad change, but ultimately isn't a big deal. The Mawlock giving cover saves doesn't mean your opponent just gets one for free, they would have to be in area terrain to get it.

The way I see it, they made one change that was needed (Doom), one change that wasn't (SitW), and one change that people are over-reacting to (Mawlock).

One post deleted due to not following in thread warning.

Also let's focus on how the faq's effect space wolves as the current discussion is too focused on xenos

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle... like it normally is.

I have a friend that has been playing Nids religiously since the codex came out and since day one we couldn't play the Doom in its most abusive format. One unit doesn't make an army. It is awfully potent even after FAQ. If you've been playing the 'other' variant, I could see how this vexes you but how could be surprised? Seriously.

The meat of what I'm saying is the main Nid player I know took the Doom out a while ago, and you know what? He can give my Wolves (or most of my armies for that matter) a real run. It seems once he -stopped- relying on the Doom to do such extensive damage, or even manipulate me with it.... he had to figure out some other way.

I'm predicting the Nid players will find other avenues once this has a chance to set in. I don't understand Shadow ruling.... But to answer someone's question, yea it had shut down more than one of my lists. (The worst being my Chaos).

In truth I had a very large infantry based Wolves list, including one with Canis (seriously) and if the Doom comes out at the right time, it's a total game changer. To me that's still a VERY potent unit. Especially since Wolves leadership can be very suspect if you're not careful.

I applaud GW for making a common sense decision with the Doom. Sorry to Nid players who leaned so heavily on it; I do hope you find other ways of being successful as my friend has.

Archived