Horus model?

Vor

Does anyone have any suitable suggestions for a Horus model? It's for a pre-heresy, pre-corruption Luna Wolves army.

I don't think there are any official models (right?) so I'd welcome suggestions. He'll only really be used in Apoc games so I have no problems with it being a non GW model.

I think that maybe starting with Captain Lysander for a conversion would be good. Use standard termie arms, change the weapons load out and use the shin guards from the dreadnaught for the pre-heresy shoulder pads. Oh and file down the mohawk and service studs on the head. Now that I'm thinking about it.... I might have to try this conversion my self at some point.... Oh and I just took a look at the picture of the model again, of course file off the fist symbols and the goatee :(

I suspec the had them for some while - you dont go toe-to-toe with a fellow primarch with anything less than your favourite/most preferred weaponry that you're utterly familiar with. Let alone the big E... Even marines who are proficient with any Imperium weapon have their own presonal preferences, with which they are just slightly better at using (for example, Van/Sternguard).

Actually I believe the talons of horus was only one lightning claw with a combi-bolter on it (since storm bolters didn't exist when horus was around!) and that his second weapon was actually a mace, if I remember he is depicted fighting the big E with it I think.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/image...or_VS_Horus.jpg

The image here though may evidence that his talons never orinigally had a combi-bolter at all and that was a modification made by Abbadon. A further note is that abbadon only has the one lightning claw as well hence the 'talons' refering to the multiple finger like blades it uses and not a reference to the idea of them being a set of two claws. Thats my 200th of a pound sterling

But thats not the original image... And I'll have to check my old Chaos codex (havent read it for about a decade) but I thought it said Abaddon took one of the talons form Horus' dead body...

The early fluff, prior to 3rd Edition, Depicted Horus using a pair of Lightning Claws. I don't recall if they were just Lightning Claws or if one was the Talon with the Integrated Bolters or if both were like that, but it was a pair of lightning claws.

If I recall from False Gods, Horus recieved the Talon of Horus when he got his new Terminator Armor from the Ad Mechs. Prior to that I believe he wielded a sword (Power sword?) and bolter (Twin-linked bolter maybe?)

The problem with using existing models for Primarchs is, to me at least, that they have always been described as even bigger than Space Marines, with the Emperor (and possibly Horus) being the tallest.

In the HH books they put emphasis on this quite a few times, but if they mean that the Primarchs just "seem" bigger because of their charisma and might, I don't know.

To me at least, they would indeed be bigger than their "sons".

if your looking for horus, ebay.co.uk currently has a seller selling there copy of the unoffical model. stands with single talon and power maul. Horus

Yeah, I've seen that one thanks. Sadly it's post fall to Chaos, I need a model for Horus in his glory days as a loyal follower of the Emp.

Hard to tell from the pic, but they look like the Chaos model too. And £100 is steep.

I may give the Lysander idea a try, but he may be too small for a Primarch. Hmm.

Thanks for the tips so far guys.

If you're going for Horus before his corruption, you don't want to use the Terminator Armor & Talon of Horus. Those were given to him by the Ad-Mech after his corruption. The gift of his Terminator Armor & Talon was symbolic of the newly forged alliance between Horus and the Ad-Mech to turn against the Emperor.

IF, and it's a big if, I remember my fluff correctly, Horus actually had two Talons when he fought the Emperor. When Horus was slain, Abaddon tore one of the Talons from Horus' armour before fleeing into the Eye.

Now, please remember, this is going back to around 2nd or 3rd edition and so GW may have changed the fluff in the meantime.........

You could try True-Scaling Lysander and adding a Bit for so he is more than normal true-scale size! But as was fore-mention plasticard may be a way forward. The Heresy Final days model of horus he had 2 power talons when he fights the emperor so he my have them during post heresy!

Archived