The sheer destructiveness of Landspeeders

glider0880

I really like them. I used to take Attack Bike's with MM... they are great, except against hordes when they are assaulted so easily. Landspeeders eventually became my goto fast attack.

They are great against nids, he either spends a turn taking swings at your speeder (and not something else) or doesn't bother to assault it.

There is no need to deepstrike at all. Just move (24"!!!!) flat out on turn one and get that 4+ cover save... then move up-to 12" next turn and shoot stuff. :tu:

Well thats 240 points- that you will loose on your opponent's next turn. So either you should definately take something very important out (Landraider equivilant) and make their points back or dont deepstrike them. I think if you're already going to spend the money(let alone points) on three landspeeders you should definately diversify the armament. It will make the squadron more useful to have a couple of assault cannons or heavy bolters thrown in there.

just my two cents.

I was thinking of drop pods + locator beacons with deepstriking MM/HF landspeeders.

As you can only fire one weapon when you land, the MM/HF combo gives you the option depending on the situation. It also allows them to move 12" every turn and do something, reacting to battlefield requirements, rather than be stuck in one role (i.e. anti tank with MM/MM).

I haven't tried this though - thoughts?

Well the tidbit of info saved you a load of points!

3 squadroned Land Speeders deep striking with just the Multi Melta will certainly earn their points back against an army with at least one Land Raider in it.

Archived