Hello there

Quixus

Hello guys and girls,

my name is Quixus. I have been lurking around the fringes of the Warhammer/Warhammer40k universe for more than a decade. My first exposure was by two friends who bought the Warhammer Starter Set. I don't know what Edition it was or what it was called at the time but I think it featured High Elves and Chaos Warriors (maybe someone can guess how long ago that was). After looking at a couple of Army books, chose and bought the Dark Elves book but quickly found out that seemingly half of the units didn't have models :-(. Since my friends also lost interest in gaming, the book was all I bought.

More recently I greatly enjoyed the two Dawn of War games and began reading BL novels (40K and 30K) and have been lurking here.

Right now I want to give the hobby another shot. Unfortunately I have no experience with painting and very little with modeling (I used to glue together those Revell planes when I was little) So expect lots of questions from an old noob.

Take care,

Quixus

Welcome to the wondeful world of 40K and the B&C then!

There is always plenty of help available in the Painting converting and artwork forums, just ask away. Also remember to check the many hobby articles in the Librarium (link up top) and in the Tutorial sub-forum.

You should also definitely play Chaos, yes! wait, who said that?

Thanks for the welcome, Brother Nihm. I have been reading through some of the tutorials already.

While I have had whispers in the back of my head telling me to throw off the shackles of the false emperor, I shall remain strong.

I love the Night Lords and Raptors especially, at the moment a jump pack heavy army is better represented by the Blood Angles codex IMHO. That's why I'm going to do a Blood Angels Successor.

Oh and your Night Lords are awesome.

• 1 month later...

Archived