The Fall Of Tau Online

christhenoun

Hey guys... Just visiting as an ambassador from the once great site... As some of you maybe aware, The owner of the forum Skylight has sought to turn the great forum into a business by adding adverts on most links, he has began to make a profit off the site, obviously this is illegal and breaching GW's IP

The mods began to negotiate and he reponded by banning them. A mass exodus of members ensued and we are now rebuilding under the Mod team here

http://secondsphere.co.cc/index.php

I would advise that any of you who browse this site take extra caution as the site is now a mine field of NSFW images...

Consider yourself warned

Hey guys... Just visiting as an ambassador from the once great site... As some of you maybe aware, The owner of the forum Skylight has sought to turn the great forum into a business by adding adverts on most links, he has began to make a profit off the site, obviously this is illegal and breaching GW's IP

The mods began to negotiate and he reponded by banning them. A mass exodus of members ensued and we are now rebuilding under the Mod team here

http://secondsphere.co.cc/index.php

I would advise that any of you who browse this site take extra caution as the site is now a mine field of NSFW images...

Consider yourself warned

Bleh!! He's not lying either.... Anyone have any eye soap?? Oh and he means the Tau Online site not the newly set up one.

Some people there are clamoring to get the original restored because they're too lazy or scared (imo) to go to a new one...don't they understand that it's impossible so long as the owner is, well, the owner? The new one will be better.

AdvancedTauTactica is still owned by the actual administrators, and they run a great operation. We lost direct control of Tau Online years ago. It isn't something you really appreciate until you lose it. But it is a good lesson for other communities out there. Land is everything, even on the internet. If you don't control your domain then you had better be able to trust the person who does. I think we did very well for ourselves despite that limitation, mainly because we had a good second administrator apart from the silent owner.

It isn't so much the ads as it is the knowledge that you are being used. That all of the time and effort you put into building something is feeding someone who doesn't care and refuses to do anything himself.

It isn't like Tau are the most happening faction in the game at the moment anyway, but it will be interesting to see what happens when they roll around for an update within a year or two.

Archived