abbadon conversion

HI, right basically i'm looking to do an abbdon conversion as i think the current gw looks puney against the new termis so ive bought my self the chaos termi lord and play to use that as the base of the model, im going to use a bloodletter sword for the demon and ive managed to get the actual abbadon head from sources on the net. Now the bit im stuch on is how to do the talon of horus i don't want to byt he abbadon model just to get it and its expensive only bought seperatly, i thought about useing the chaos lighting claw and making a bolter thing to go on the back hand out of a storm bolter or something the only prob is to me the lighning claw is too small, any ideas how to up scale it?

Take the fist that comes with the terminator lord box, shave off two bolters so they fit, glue on, retouch with greenstuff or plasticard, attach an ammo belt on the side from a regular CSM bolter. Cut off the fingers, replace them with blades from the lightning claw (also in the box) and presto.

unless you want to sculpt your own Talon from scratch you're gong to have to use either a Power fist or a Lighting claw. I would suggest taking 2 Bolt-pistols and see if you can make them fit on the back of the Lightning claw.

yea i figured id have to use the bolters, jsut really dunno how to bulk up a lightning claw, a friend of mine suggested sculpting it or making one but i have no idea how to go about it lol

Something that I'm only just now coming to understand when it comes to converting models: There really isn't a "right" way to do it. What one person does with a kit bash, another may do with plasticard, while another may do it with Green Stuff.

In short, if you're looking for someone to tell you how to do your conversion, you're not going to find it. The best you can find will be suggestions and ideas. You want to make a lightning claw for your Talon of Horus: There are a couple ways to start, as we've already said. If you want to convert one from exsisting parts, you're going to be starting from either a power fist, or a lightning claw bit. If you want to sculpt your own, you're gonna be working with Green Stuff and sculpting tools. There are plenty of tutorials on here about working with green stuff. You can also check out Youtube and Google for "Green Stuff Sculpting" and "Model putty sculpting" and "Sculpting Tutorials".

Here's a list of Tutorials I found real quick here on the B&C:

1) Sculpting a Wolf Pelt

2) Sculpting a Wolf Fur

3) Sculpting Runes

4) Sculpting Fire

5) Sculpting Candels

6) Sculpting Boils and Sores

7) Sculpting Horse Hair Helmet Crests

8) Sculpting Chainmails

And here are some pages I found by doing a Google search for "Sculpting Green stuff"

1) Sculpting Miniatures

2) Introduction to Green Stuff

3) Green Stuff- Sculpting tips from a master

4) Green Stuff Sculpting.com

5) From the Warp: How to Work with Green stuff

Here's my search results on Youtube for "green stuff sculpting"

And all that's from about 10 minutes of searching for green stuff. If you want to talk about over conversion methods just as using plati-card and kit bashing... yeah, I think I'd hit the Server's buffer limit trying to compile a list.

as far as knowing where to start, well you need to take one step further back first and that's figure out where you want to end up with the given conversion. Far more often then I care to admit to I've done a conversion because I thought "OH! that would look cool if I did [insert your own choice] with this model!" And I did that one specific thing, only to find out that the conversion just made it more difficult to assemble the model, or it looks grossly out of place on the model when finished, or I need to change how the conversion works in order to accommodate the model itself. I would suggest you start by sitting down and just writing or sketching what you want to do with the conversion.

You mentioned you felt that the current model looked small by comparison to the current plastic terminators. okay, so do all you want to do is make your converted model a comparable size to the plastic termis but still have the same basic pose and appearance as the Pewter model? or do you want to change the dynamic of the model and put it in a different pose?

Perhaps you want to up-date the model a little bit with parts to symbolize the updated fluff, the long standing hatred of the Blood Angels for instance, and include Blood Angel parts.

Archived