International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

Alright everyone, remember how I said I was going to work on some seal designs for the Brotherhood?

Well, here are three possibilities:

gallery_50723_4325_138143.jpg

The top one is my favorite. An Inquistorial I with a B, o, and H to initial our name, with the name written out in full and our motto. A Bolter and a Chainsword, in honor of the place where we started out, and all that in a panel. At the top of the panel is the url for our own website.

The middle one was the first idea I had. An Aquila gripping a brush and a hobby knife, superimposed by a Bolter. The "IBH" thing is there, as is a small initialed-in "B&C". Again, the url (this one is incorrect), and the motto.

The last one is pretty self explanatory.

So, what do you think? If you want I can have a go at the previously suggested design, but I'm no good at skulls.

I like the second one to be honest - it's design is deeply rooted in the 40K universe with the aquila, bolter etc. I would be tempted to lose the bolter though - just so you can see the brush and hobby knife better.

Great work Normish!

I think the second one is good, suits being the header of a website or topic IMO and it has everything we need incorporated into the design.

As I mentioned on the IBoH forum I'd be willing to model whatever design everyone agrees on in maya and take some nice renders of it add titles in Pshop and whatnot.

Russ

Great work Normish!

I think the second one is good, suits being the header of a website or topic IMO and it has everything we need incorporated into the design.

As I mentioned on the IBoH forum I'd be willing to model whatever design everyone agrees on in maya and take some nice renders of it add titles in Pshop and whatnot.

Russ

That might be a good idea, because I suck at using Photoshop. Always been a more traditional artist.

See, while I love number 2 (teehee), it's too rooted in the 40k Universe. I think you should add in a WHFB symbol as well, to even it out.

But otherwise, Number 2 (teehee) has my vote.

Okay, I was wondering why you were saying "teehee". I regret figuring it out.

Well, doesn't the Empire also have some double-headed eagles? Perhaps I'll stylize it to look less futuristic.

How about a version of the second design which is my personal favorite. Perhaps placing the Aquilla on a shield and adding a scroll with "cementing friendship through miniatures" to the bottom of the shield?

This sounds like a plan. It kinda ties it in with Fantasy and I think would give it a nice heraldic feel to it.

James

Well my 48hr trial of XBox Live is over. While Reach still beckons to me I feel the need to hold a paint brush again so I'll be around a little bit more now.

I had an idea the other day after a conversation with my brother, some input I gave Lestat a wee while ago on his jetbike and a couple of other things as well all coalesced into this:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8953.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8954.jpg

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8952.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8951.jpg

Basically I figure that the Lascannon is a precision weapon so it would make sense to be fired as one. Now I know that PA'd marines can lug them around like they weigh nothing, but PA can't make you shoot straight, so I figured it was about time we saw Lascannon being used as it is desribed....

He's perched on some blu-tac as I haven't made a base for him yet, but hopefully you'll agree that it's none too shabby for an afternoon's work (although I cheated slightly in that the torso and legs had already been made)

James

Love it James he looks great !!! Ooze's Ray Gun nastiness :D

EDIT

OK now that i got the NMM down to this standard

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0386.jpg

What do you reckon an entire suit of PA would look like ?? Too much ?

I'm starting to feel either a bit cocky i can pull it off or incredible stupid :D

Thoughts ?

Alright, here is the first draft of what I hope will be the final design:

I incorporated the Aquila design which everyone loved so much, with a shield (thus unifying both Warhammers), and then inscribing the shield with the Brotherhood motto and the IBoH symbols I liked from one of my previous designs. Then I put the scrolls at the top, and some purity seals (which are common in both Universes, at the bottom. Overall, I think it creates a nice balance. If you like it, I'll start work on a cleaner version.

gallery_50723_4325_15152.jpg

WEEE...I've cracked the mystery of my wifes camera. I hope to post some pics tonight.

The second logo looks cool but almost a bit too busy maybe. I don't know I'll have to take a look at it again. If you need any help with Photoshop let me know...I've illustrated a few comic books and colored a few pages before.

everybodys stuff looks great. Can't wait to post some pics of my minis tonight.

see you then....

Brother Anthony.

Archived