Just a thought...

LordofDeath11

Please tell me if this is the worst idea ever. As we all know a lot of people are still criticizing the usefulness of the DC while having them suffer from rage. Most people seem to think a Transport vehicle is the most sensible way to go but of course unless it's a LR they will have to avoid being subject to 'rage' for one turn before they can assault. Being a humongous fan of Jumpacks, along with a lot of other players, this is not really an option(barring a Storm Raven).

To the point though...and correct me if I'm wrong about no one mentioning this alraedy, or if it's not really a realistic idea; would it not be a better option to simply use a transport as a LoS blocker??? I mean, have a rhino(either with a squad inside or not) stay between your Death Company and any potentially visible enemy target, moving with the DC as you see fit, and when it's time to launch your assault you still get that sweet 18" move. No waiting around for a turn after DS'ing or disembarking from a vehicle.

Just thought this up. If it's a stupid idea feel free to tell me, and also....I don't really care, I think it's a stroke of minor genius. ;)

It is actually what I try to do as well. Actually the Land Raider is also the best way to do this because of it's size.

Just make sure you break LoS to whatever the enemy wants to kite you with and your DC will still go for whatever you want it to go for.

It's not simple and easilly done, but it is something to consider when bashing the DC in a transport usability. As the transport can be used, in combination with terrain, to guide the DC where you want them.

In my experience it isn't that easy to completely block LOS from a unit (unless that unit is very small).

But, you can use it to funnel your DC towards the chosen target. Almost as good as complete control.

Archived