Knights of Mars

That wouldn't feel large enough to me. From what I recall of the ancient epic figures, knights were about the size of a 40k marine, warhounds little smaller than an Ogryn. Dreads were mabey ratling sized. The analogous scale would then be about double a dreads height, and fairly robust.

A little off topic but I think Knights of Mars is a great name for a Iron Hands successor. Mind if I use it?

Go for it I'm developing a liber astartes group based around the secret of the void dragon on mars I'm calling them The Dragon Gaurd this is going to be An HQ unit

Any way back on topic I'm also afraid the model might be too small as well I could try to extend the legs and arms so that it gets its hieght but with a small torso so it doesn't turn into a gundam on me :HQ:

Check out this forum, we had a Knight contest there some time ago <_<

http://z6.invisionfree.com/adeptusmechanic...p?showtopic=638

You could also check my warseer plog and check my own knight out.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...681&page=22

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/my%20hobby%20rebirth/010420101215.jpg

The scale for a Knight has been set to between 18 and 20 cm by FW's Will Hayes in an interview once, and is the standard measurement accepted in the community as far as I'm concerned.

And I'd suggest using a defiler as basis for your build, and the sentinel kit gives you a great cockpit.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your build off :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your model , sounds like you got a new perspective I've not seen modelled before :HQ:

In the old fluff there is apparently knights and herders, and the herders should be open topped like sentinels which is there stated to be derived from the herder design, anyway here's a link to the fluff. Hope it inspires you http://z6.invisionfree.com/adeptusmechanic...hp?showtopic=70

Deus Mechanicus

The drawing looks nice :angry: are you gonna use the sentinel cockpit for your head or something smaller ??

In Mechanicum the knights of Taranis are described as nine metres tall, and have enclosed cockpits, so I can't figure out where in the novel you're getting your design ideas from. Not criticising your design at all, just a bit confused :P

Anyway I'm still looking forward to seeing your model :)

• 2 weeks later...

just throwing in my two cents here; open mechas are pretty stupidly made, since it would be pretty easy to just pick off the driver/rider/whatever. CLOSED mechas = lotsa armoured fun!

and your drawing is nice, will keep an eye on this thread/ any wip threads you'd make of Ad Mech :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Am planning on building a dozen knights myself, called the Knights of Zodiac. Strangely they will be named after the star signs. Am currently constructing 5 of them, and will be painting them using the colours of the olympic rings as their base colour. (the missus' idea)

1 Paladin, 2 Lancers and 2 Wardens to start with.

I am using papercraft Mechwarrior plans for them, which should leave them about 8-9 inches each. I think the smaller Titans look far better chicken-walker style personally. Good luck with your own dudes.

• 1 month later...
I'd use the plans based on known imagery for Knights - the Knights we have seen are either 1st edition Space Marine (e.g. Warden with tracks, super skinny lancers etc) or those from the Titan Legions game, with more titan-like appearance - almost like giant astartes...

• 1 month later...

I went and measured my old Titan Legion era knight models. These are epic scale minis so you need to multiply their sizes by 5 to get to 40k scale.

Plastic Knight Paladin (about the same size as my metal one)

Height: 28mm

Width at Shoulders: 23 mm

Foot to Hip: 17mm (measuring to the hip "axle")

The Knight Lancer was significantly taller and I picked one of mine that had straight legs

Height: 38 mm

Width: 24mm

Foot to Hip: 22 mm

One thing about the Lancer is that his Power Lance is actually 1 mm longer that the model is tall.

So, I estimate that they should be from 5-7" tall.

Edited by Hedgehobbit