Sanguinary Priest in Terminator Armour

Volcatus

I normally don't show any of my conversion work. It's usually pretty simple stuff (no GS masterpieces here). That being said, I felt the need to share this particular work, as it looks decent and will hopefully help those that are looking to make a similar model.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/Razzuran/40k/Sanguinary-Priest-in-TDA.jpg

Yes, its a GK Termie. A thought occurred to me the other day. A Psycannon sure does look like a Narthecium, from the arm mount to the mass of hoses and cabling. Once the barrel was removed I hit the bitz box, and using an old chainsword, old lasgun, old stub pistol, the canister from an old hand flamer (by old I mean stuff from the 2nd ed close combat sprue) and a bit of paperclip for the needle, I had a very passable Narthecium.

After shaving off the obvious GK stuff, I added a few BA bitz to spruce him up. Left shoulder pad got the blood drop and wing (DC box), right pad got a grail cut from a shoulder pad (DC box), right greave got a blood drop cut from a DC bolter (shaved it in half so it would sit flat), and the center of the chest received a Forge World BA bit, the skull with the crossbones (just cut away the crossbones). I then topped off his helm with the halo bit from one of the regular (non-Death Mask) helms in the Sanguinary Guard box. I also replaced his Nemesis sword with a Blade Encarmine, with the grip chopped to appear more one handed. You'll notice his left hand is pinned as well, and will be receiving a Space Hulk Grail.

Painting is far from complete, of course. I work slow, but I'll post more pics once he's further along.

/salute

Pax Imperalis

Nice! I'm totally nicking this idea. I've been trying to figure out how to do a SP in termi armor for a while, and it didn't dawn on me to use a GK model. I was going to buy tons of bits and cobble together Frankenpriest. Get a termi body, use some apothecary bits, chop things up and green stuff as needed. The GK conversion with BA bitz (of which I have plenty) is sheer brilliance. Saves me having to do an excessive amount of conversion work.

Archived