RPG Geek seeks community with which to geek out....

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the whole wargaming thing and even newer to assembling/painting miniatures. I have always been a video game fan and just a year or two ago I converted to tabletop games (D&D mostly). I've recently become bored with LFR and all the idiotic bickering that goes on at those tables and have decided to blow all my money on Warhammer 40k. So now in my free time, I spend hours gluing my fingers to various body parts and getting paint all over my table/body/food/girlfriend. I've only actually played once but I'm having a blast assembling my future army.

I am lucky enough to live relatively close by to a store which hosts 40k games so I spent a few weeks watching others to get a feel for the different armies. Being a roleplayer at heart, I'm a sucker for background storylines and have fallen in love with the Blood Angles. I'm drawn to anything with wings and the whole righteous-covered-madness thing really appeals to me as I always tend to play my characters as slightly insane.

As of right now, I have a tactical squad, terminator squad, dreadnaught, captain, (all 4 from AoBR set), death company and a terminator assault squad. My painting skills aren't outstanding but I think I've come a long way in the past two weeks (I'm going to be posting pictures of these somewhere).

So yea, basically I'm here to immerse myself in all things 40k and surround myself with a solid group of people who share in my excitement. I sincerely hope I've found what I'm looking for here. So until next time!!

-Sean

Archived