Captain Tycho

Son of Rawl

Hey all, I'm currently putting together a 1500-1750 point list and am tempted in including captain Tycho into it attached to a unit of Sternguard, has anyone used Tycho or seen how good Tycho can be in a game yet or should I go for the Chaplain Librarian combo.

Hey all, I'm currently putting together a 1500-1750 point list and am tempted in including captain Tycho into it attached to a unit of Sternguard, has anyone used Tycho or seen how good Tycho can be in a game yet or should I go for the Chaplain Librarian combo.

Tycho can be attached to sternguard.

Psycho ... not.

Everybody plays differently, so you're likely to get 100 different answers.

I personally have used both versions - Captain Tycho (pre-Black Rage and still somewhat "Sane") & DC Tycho aka "Psycho" (post-Black Rage) - and I prefer using the latter to assist my DC. Actually the other way around - they assist him.

In 2 different battles against the same unit of Dark Eldar Archaon + Retinue, Psycho & 5DC completely destroyed them, whereas Tycho & HG got owned in his previous attempt, mostly because I wasn't WYSIWYG w/Storm Shields yet and forgot their 3++ Saves!?!

Nonetheless, Psycho fits the fluff of my army better than Tycho.

I say try both in your army and decide which fits your play-style best.

The point of DC tycho is to confuse BA players.

Also to have a model made to run straight for the opponent's lines and soak up a lot of fire.

Also to have a grand theft auto moment- you can have your DC tycho jack a lowly assault squad's vehicle and high tail it toward the enemy blaring a gangsta rap version of "Flight of the Valkyries!"

The point of DC tycho is to confuse BA players.

Also to have a model made to run straight for the opponent's lines and soak up a lot of fire.

Also to have a grand theft auto moment- you can have your DC tycho jack a lowly assault squad's vehicle and high tail it toward the enemy blaring a gangsta rap version of "Flight of the Valkyries!"

Dang! THAT'S EXACTLY what I planned on doing!!! Imagine the enemy's surprise when one lonely maniac jumps out and starts break-dancing in their face!?!

Which works for Meph because hes a monster,Sang because he has Eternal warrior and a 3++.

Tycho has neither and T4.

Means every lascannon or melta that hits him has a 50% chance of killing him.

Psycho can stay in the box for me sadly.

Which works for Meph because hes a monster,Sang because he has Eternal warrior and a 3++.

I agree. I can see using Captain Tycho as a nice addition to a tactical squad, assault squad in a razorback, jump packless Vanguard or Honorguard, or a sternguard. But I can't really see using Psycho until GW realizes no one uses him and allow him to be attached to a Death Company.

Someone earlier said that the Crazy Tycho can't be attatched to squads?? Where does this say this as I've looked at all his rules and I can't see anything that says he can't be attached to a squad....

Forgefather

The captain version can because he's an IC. The Death company version is not an IC so he can not be attached to squads.

I use tycho regularly attached to a podding sternguard squad. It works. Combi melta that hits on a 2+ is not to be sniffed at.

Also, one of my regular opponents plays orks... need i say more :HQ:

Mort,5/12 have a chance to kill him once they hit.

tycho is lovely with a stern guard squad in a pod for first turn tank poping. Comes in bails out and splits off.

Archived