Dante + Terminators...

lunchb0x

Okay, so we all know that Dante gives any unit he is with "hit and run"....so I was thinking...since he is an IC, toss him in with an assault terminator squad....and now a 10 man assault squad ( with priest ) now has the ability at the end of every assault phase to go " PEACE WE OUTA HERE!!" and then go hit something else. MWHAHAHAHA!!! ( NOTE : only dive out on your assault phase if you know it would be safer to get shot at then stay in the assault! )

Awesome.

Or not Awesome enough?

I am going to be giving this a try this Wednesday...ill post up how it does.

<_<

I do the same with a full 10 man assault squad and priest. It can be devestating. 5 melt shots in the squad helps. The only problems I face are usualy pie plates if I deepstrike them and failing the iniative test to use hit and run. Since the bulk of the squad is iniative 4 that's what you use not dantes 6. Hit and run with 5 melt shots really is alot of fun though

Okay, so we all know that Dante gives any unit he is with "hit and run"....so I was thinking...since he is an IC, toss him in with an assault terminator squad....and now a 10 man assault squad ( with priest ) now has the ability at the end of every assault phase to go " PEACE WE OUTA HERE!!" and then go hit something else. MWHAHAHAHA!!! ( NOTE : only dive out on your assault phase if you know it would be safer to get shot at then stay in the assault! )

Awesome.

Or not Awesome enough?

I am going to be giving this a try this Wednesday...ill post up how it does.

B)

Haha, pretty cool. I've never considered dropping him in with Assault Terminators.

You want to dive out of Assault in your opponent's Assault Phase. You will invariably encounter one of several situations (assuming it's your turn):

1. You hit an isolated unit and destroy it. You're stuck in the open but relatively protected because said enemy unit was isolated.

2. You hit an isolated unit but don't destroy it. They break, and you are stuck in the open but again relatively protected.

3. You hit an isolated unit, don't destroy it, and they hold.

4. You hit a unit in the thick of the enemy army and destroy it. You're stuck in the open and liable to be shot apart.

5. You hit a unit in the thick of the enemy army, but don't destroy it. They break, and you are stuck in the open and liable to be shot apart.

6. You hit a unit in the thick of the enemy army, don't destroy it, and they hold.

In all situations only options 3 and 6, where you are still locked in combat, don't destroy your enemy, and don't break them, do you actually have the option to elect to Hit and Run.

Now you have to weigh it out, because if you leave in your assault phase, said enemy unit (as they aren't broken) are just able to shoot you (if possible), and then charge right back into you if they want. You gain nothing as leaving in your Assault phase puts you at a disadvantage in almost every situation (you can't consolidate/massacre back into a transport, or into another combat).

The only advantageous situation to Hit and Run is if you take the above situations, but it's in your opponent's turn. The same applies, where Hit and Run only applies to options 3 or 6, but now, having left the Assault in your opponent's turn, you are then able to move to another unit and charge, (or re-charge the same unit).

Bottom line, if you have the option, stick it out in your own Assault Phase and Hit and Run in your opponent's.

DV8

Archived