Eviscerator

A little while back I created a celtic chapter that had differant elements of scottish, irish and norse cultures/mythology thrown into it from differant time periods. One of my ideas for the chapter was to have a unit of veterans who where most likely a body/honour guard for my chapter master and these veterans weilded claymores.

Then I got to thinking about how I could represent the claymores on terminator versions of these models and it hit me. There is 1 CC weapon that is unique to terminators and that is the chainfist and then I had the idea of representing the chainfists as astartes eviscerators since they are huge 2 handed swords which would fit the claymore idea and to me would be a good counts as for a chainfist.

So what I am wondering is 1 has anyone done this and if so do you have tips on how to do it? 2 do you think I would have any problems with WYSIWYG as a chainfist and an eviscerator are the same exact things (powerfists that role 2D6 for AP) it's just worded differantly in the codices? and 3 am I alone in thinking that this fits with the theme of my chapter?

I think that eviscerators standing in for chain fists would look really cool. A thought would be to look at the Grey Knight terminator armor, both for the lower back section and for the wrist mounted stormbolters. I think that the nemisis force polearms with the chainsword section on the end would look really good. With some careful cutting and posing, you should be able to make them using the plastic Terminators.

I think this is the wrong forum for your post?

Anyways, firstly, I had no idea what a 'claymore' was, when I read your post I was like "hmmm, so he's arming his marines with anti-infantry mines/bombs..." ;)

Upon closer inspection(and a quick google search) I realise that the term 'claymore' refers to the massive broad swords that the scots weild. Cool.

So; I think that would be a weapon that definately fits the theme of a norse/scot/irish army. I'd be more interested in the norse side of things and wouldn't mix it up too much as for me, it would cause a mush of ideas.

Modelling wise, I made an eviscerator for a priest in my SOB army once. And i may never do it again...It is very hard to 'line' up hands to make the model look good with a 2 handed weapon. Most conversions I've seen the pose ends up akward. I think some people use the standard 'i'm holding a bolter' arms with a fair amount of cutting and GS to line the hands up. Personally, I would leave a big gap between the hands and either add a massive grip or the chainsword 'engine' in between?

Games wise, provided you model the 'claymores' big and cool enough, you opponent will fall into a 'your chainsword is much bigger than mine' state of mind and you could use them as whatever you want.

Due to the nature of a heavy two handed weapon of course it could count as a Power fist.

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

[EDIT] Just reread your original post. You want to put the Eviscerator on Termies?! That will be a interesting conversion. Maybe use a closed powerfist holing the weapon? And/or Make that Eviscerator HUGE!

I think that eviscerators standing in for chain fists would look really cool. A thought would be to look at the Grey Knight terminator armor, both for the lower back section and for the wrist mounted stormbolters. I think that the nemisis force polearms with the chainsword section on the end would look really good. With some careful cutting and posing, you should be able to make them using the plastic Terminators.

I am actually thinking about using SG blades and hands for the hilts, removing the blades and using lengthened chainsword blades on them but do to modeling issues I doubt I'll have the models be holding the blades two handed. I have an idea on how to get the pose but if it dosen't work I won't bother with it as there are other poses I could do (blade resting on shoulder, blade on the ground with hilt in hand etc. )

I think this is the wrong forum for your post?

Anyways, firstly, I had no idea what a 'claymore' was, when I read your post I was like "hmmm, so he's arming his marines with anti-infantry mines/bombs..." :P

Upon closer inspection(and a quick google search) I realise that the term 'claymore' refers to the massive broad swords that the scots weild. Cool.

So; I think that would be a weapon that definately fits the theme of a norse/scot/irish army. I'd be more interested in the norse side of things and wouldn't mix it up too much as for me, it would cause a mush of ideas.

Modelling wise, I made an eviscerator for a priest in my SOB army once. And i may never do it again...It is very hard to 'line' up hands to make the model look good with a 2 handed weapon. Most conversions I've seen the pose ends up akward. I think some people use the standard 'i'm holding a bolter' arms with a fair amount of cutting and GS to line the hands up. Personally, I would leave a big gap between the hands and either add a massive grip or the chainsword 'engine' in between?

Games wise, provided you model the 'claymores' big and cool enough, you opponent will fall into a 'your chainsword is much bigger than mine' state of mind and you could use them as whatever you want.

Due to the nature of a heavy two handed weapon of course it could count as a Power fist.

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

[EDIT] Just reread your original post. You want to put the Eviscerator on Termies?! That will be a interesting conversion. Maybe use a closed powerfist holing the weapon? And/or Make that Eviscerator HUGE!

Is this the wrong place? I thought since it conserned converting and WYSIWYG it should go here? huh

And claymores are awesome but it's sad how many people think of the mine instead of the sword. I actually own a claymore (I grew up watching Braveheart ;) ) and my fiancee is always giving me crap about it because I wont let her hold it ;)

As far as the Norse/Scottish/Irish themes mixing you should read my IA for the chapter they're called the Head Takers) which I actually just posted a revised draft of. They are a blend of the Picts and vikings who enhabited northern Britian during the twilight years of the Roman Empire. They are mainly based off of the Picts but I threw in a few other traits associated with the Irish and Vikings in both culture and mythology and I think the chapter actually turned out pretty well. Anyway I digress.

As far as modeling it goes as I said above I do have an idea for modeling them but I also have a back up. If all else fails I will get a couple of the Gabriel Seth models and cut off his sword blade and use it instead of trying to lengthen a normal chainsword since Gabriels looks like a BEAST

You won't let your Fiancée hold you Claymore? What's wrong with you? (That's my smut for the week)

Anyway a Claymore on a termie alone would look ruddy awesome, for an eviserator it will work as well, how ever a big Chain sword around Seth's size may suffice but maybe a bit wider aswell.

You won't let your Fiancée hold you Claymore? What's wrong with you? (That's my smut for the week)

Nice :lol:

Anyway a Claymore on a termie alone would look ruddy awesome, for an eviserator it will work as well, how ever a big Chain sword around Seth's size may suffice but maybe a bit wider aswell.

Now I'm actually looking into either lengthened versions of Ork choppas or the chainblade from the IG sentinel but I'm not sure how that one compares size wise. I know it isn't as long as I want it to be.

Something that you could do is have them hold the large hafted (obviously large enough for 2 hands) with just the one hand like the glaives for the GK. A good basis for this would be a banner bearer arm for the basis of the haft of the eviscerator. And I agree with useing the ork chain weapons as a basis for the blades since they are larger.

@ Chaplain Hiltraud:

Sorry to "stab your back", but giving a Marine a sword in his powerfist wouldn't do any good. There was a thread about the power fist fighting style some time ago, and to my mind it was "revealed" that a power fist is rather a crushing device than a boxing glove. So, as there is little to no extra force in a punch or chop, a power sword in a power fist would either have no special effects at all or would cause the weilder to strike at I1 and S4.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/229448

I hope this one'll help you in turning your dreams into reality. ;-)

Btw, I think wrist-mounted storm bolters might be a great addition to eviscerators.

I wanted to use them as chainfists, too, but I thought a two-handed weapon could hardly count as a one-handed ^^

@ Chaplain Hiltraud:

Sorry to "stab your back", but giving a Marine a sword in his powerfist wouldn't do any good. There was a thread about the power fist fighting style some time ago, and to my mind it was "revealed" that a power fist is rather a crushing device than a boxing glove. So, as there is little to no extra force in a punch or chop, a power sword in a power fist would either have no special effects at all or would cause the weilder to strike at I1 and S4.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/229448

I hope this one'll help you in turning your dreams into reality. ;-)

Btw, I think wrist-mounted storm bolters might be a great addition to eviscerators.

I wanted to use them as chainfists, too, but I thought a two-handed weapon could hardly count as a one-handed ^^

Indeed it does help thank you very much. It looks to me like he just used a thunder hammer and a storm bolter arm minus the hands, repositioned the hand holding the thunder hammer to the right angle and then added a tactical marine bolter hand to the left arm. I now have a bases for at least one of the poses to work off of and I'm pretty sure I can use that basic idea for multiple poses. Now I ust need to come up with the best way to make the chain blades themselves and I'll be in buisness ;)

I really did hope it would help you. Since I have no premium account on CMON, I had to search about half an hour for that pic - that's the penaltyfor using notebooks. My PC has it among my favourite links...

Well, you're welcome.

I always wanted to do that conversion myself, but thanks to a user in my country's community, it seems that I'll have to do a terminator apothecary first. Curse that inspring &/"%!!!! ^^

Archived