DA list help

Inigo Montoya

We have an odd tournament coming and i think i can use DA and win, but need some help.

It is an 1500 point allies tournament, meaning that after taking my DA HQ and 2 DA troops, I can fill the rest of my FoC with IG, GK, SW, BA, 'nilla, or BT.

I am thinking deathwing with vendettas and manticores. :(

I am NOT a DA expert, and I need advice on how I might play this.

I have 3500 or so points of DA, the same in BA, 10,000 or so in guard, and another 2500 or so in GK, so I can field about anything.

In order to field DW as a troops choice Belial needs to be one of your HQ choices. I'm not sure what other kind of help you're after: tactical?? list-optimising??

Cheers

I

Nothing is set in stone, I was looking for advice on all fronts. In my mind, belial and 2 termy squads would be nice, with a vet squad in a flyer and a couple of manticores pounding the ground. That is my perception, I was looking for more / better ideas.

The topic scope is too big and contains too many variables to give a solid answer possibly. What exactly is the competition rules regards the FOC and allies?

Also keep in mind that we here on the B&C can only concern ourselves with power armour based discussion/advice, IG units fall outside of the forum's remit.

Cheers

I

Rules are:

1500 points

Primary army uses 1 HQ and 2 troop FoC slots.

Ally armies or primary army fills the rest of the standard FoC.

Allies for us are IG, ]|[, vanilla marines, BT, SW, BA you get the idea.

You cannot use allie vehicles or abilities - no PAGK in valks, no twin linked melta for allied guard in Vulkan lists...

When I said I wasn't a DA expert, I should have quantified that staement: I have played more than 50 games with DA (30 ish as ravenwing, and the rest as deathwing or doublewing (greenwing...) and I know how to play a bit, I just know tha there are individuals who are experts with them, and i am not that guy.

Deathwing isn't survivable enough - the opponent focuses on them and wins a good number of games doing so. At 1500 I can't get enough terminators. I realize that guard aren't the general topic of discussion, so I will just say that 2 manticores and a vendetta with vets are going in.

On a side note, I have ~3500 or so in DA right now and I have ~7500 in unpainted marines I was going to use as 2500 blood angels, 2500 vulkan, 2500 wolves. I am going to make a 2500 BA army and use the remaining 5000 on DA. I am unsure as to what to use as a superheavy, but I am assuming it will have lots of plasma...

Sorry, maybe its late and I simply don't get it... or its some language issue...

I understand that you have quite a few marines (congratulations?) and... that you have already played the DA you were asking help about?

If you haven't played the tournament thing yet, what went wrong for that bad luck claim?

And Deathwing is survivable... but not indestructible.

It doesn't matter if you have 20,000 points of marines if you don't have a plan. What kind of player are you? You said you play a lot of RW, so are you a mobile or Air type player? Are you wanting to run mechanized? Not easy with DW at 1500 but doable, I guess. I guess that's true for DW in general, though.

Why not just run RW backed up by artillery? Or something else fast like Hellhounds?

If all you want is 1500 point lists, there's plenty floating around out there. If you want something specific, we need more specifics to be able to help you.

Ok, so i am also a little lost but here is my thought. it is up to you for points and all but what if you did DW with Belial, a RW squad or two backed up by some heavy hitting IG tanks? try like 3 DW, 2 RW to tele them in the right place and between the three aspects of the army show no mercy to the enemy. a thought.

Archived