Large PLASTIC two-handed sword?

I want an impressive two-handed sword that could be wielded by a power armored model. I'd also like it to be plastic, not metal (I'm aware of some good selections in the GK range, but I don't like pewter).

Where can I get a nice big claymore that's not demon-sized?

Have you tried the Empire Greatswords box? Bitz shops may carry the weapons (which are, of course, 2H swords). The pommel comes attached to one hand while the blade and hilt comes attached to the other hand, so you may need a little bit of pinning and/or green stuff to make it look right.

Some High Elf character swords are pretty large, as are some Empire Great Sword blades. Similarly there are Chaos Warrior weapons that are available, and other such goodness. There are also Ogre weapons which aren't that much bigger than a Space Marine could conceivably wield. Final question - why no love for the metal?

The company champion sword from the command squad box is the biggest plastic sword I've seen out of an actual space marine box. It's grasped one handed by the champion, but the hilt is huge and the sword is at least 1 and half times longer than a standard power sword. Could make a convincing two hander if yer up to convert it.

runefang from the empire general box = big plastic 2 hand sword

company champion = biggest plastic power sword.

chaos knights = lots of big swords, converted properly can be used for lots of things.

plasticard.

greatswords.

they are your best options.. you could always do a hack job on some normal powerswords etc but i wouldnt advise it.

for any of the bits suggested bits retailers are gonna be more cost effective.. unless you need some chaos dudes with lances.

Go to the bar and order a fancy drink. Ask for some extra plastic swords. Trim to desired length.

Seriously, try it :(

You know - I've thought about that in the past myself!! But then I don't drink THAT sort of drink ;-)

Well how about getting the power axe from the Space wolves box (the two handed), cutting it down and fixing the blade of chainsword from the same box? Should be some really mean looking device - similar to that wielded by the new Seth model.

And I don't want to sound picky, but actually claymore is not only that "big two-handed sword", but also the baskethilt variant. The word "claymore' (claidheamh mòr) meaning "big sword" refers to both these two types of weapons.

Archived