Wondering?

glider0880

JAWS OF THE WOLF WORLD ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So, another friendly game, and yet another loss for me. Dear moi!

So, the main reason I lost was from, as you may have guessed, the jaws of the wolf world power, used by a SW rune priest.

Neatly removed, 4 Sanguinary gaurd and Dante for me, before any of them could do anything!

So the whole idea, a little 'initiative test' for every man in a 24" line from the priest, and if you get higher than your initiative on a D6, boom! Remove the model from play, no saves, no invuns. Of course if you get a 6 anything dies, regardless of initiative (Dante).

Is this allowed?

Regards

glider0880

Jump infantry are immune to JAWS. You were rooked.

0b :devil:

Yep. While Mephiston is at risk, Dante and Sanguinary Guard are immune. JOTWW lists who it can affect. Infantry, Bikes, Monsterous Creatures, cavalry, beasts. No Jump Infantry on the List.

jump infantry and vehicles i think are the only things that aren't affected by the power... might be wrong I have never used it (there are better powers in the wolf dex imo).

The line is drawn 24" from the rune priest. You need LOS to the first model it targets (the same as you would with any shooting attack) and the line then carries on. It will ignore terrain (even impassable) but it only operates at 'ground level'. Most places I've been to play hills as ground level but its your groups call.

Anything under that line will then take an I test. Equal to or lower thanthe models I value and they are fine, higher (or a 6) and they die regardless of wounds, saves or any other funky rules (eternal warrior for example).

Gargantuan creatures are safe as well.

0b :)

seeing as how you don't often find them in normal size games, or indeed a Blood Angels army list i didn't see the point in bringing that up...

but yes, you are correct. You can also add super heavy vehciles to the list of things which are not harmed.

If you find yourself unlucky with your init rolls, stick in Corbs for that crucial mephiston Init reroll <_<

Mate you love Corbs...and yes his roll would have been a real saver for Memph. Seriously though, do you use Corbs in every match, I know he is amazing but do you get bored of him?

If you find yourself unlucky with your init rolls, stick in Corbs for that crucial mephiston Init reroll ;)

Mate you love Corbs...and yes his roll would have been a real saver for Memph. Seriously though, do you use Corbs in every match, I know he is amazing but do you get bored of him?

HAHHA !! BUSTED !!!!! :HQ:

Was it becoming that apparent ?

^_^

Yeah, in 85% of my lists and in 99% of my competitive lists.

Im one of those people that will always play a priest with a power weapon. That means the difference between a regular priest and corbs is 40 points.

For those 40 points I get that magic mulligan and 5x init6 rending attacks on the charge.

I also get one more wound, and the best standard save in the game (meaning the unit with him that takes a wound will only suffer that wound 5% of the time). I do sound like a rampant corbs fanboy, but there are just too many useful things to use that dice for.

Think about it this way for a quick sec - how many points would you pay for an ability to reroll any one dice? id pay between 15-20 at the very very very least. Everything else is bonus.

However, I do acknowledge (and agree) that for armies that use "passive priests" (ie: priests that just hang back in vehicles/back of squads and buff) Corbs is not half as cool.

I prefer my BA to be BA and kick ass along the way tho.

edit: as to the bored question - The model that was designed for me is just so kick ass that Im never bored to see it on the field!

Just thought of another way in which would help Memph avoid JOTWW. I think it is legal and it should work most of the time.

Anyway Memph can cast a stack of psychic powers every turn, one of those being wings of Sanguinius. He shuold cast this power every turn as he closes in even if he does not need it. That way he counts as Jump Infantry. Pretty sure that it would work and be legal and not too tricky or unsportsmanlike.

PS doe JOTWW work if the target is not visible? ie behind a landraider, rhino etc...

I think Jaws stops if it hits a vehicle, but can go through terrain.

Wings only lets you move as jump infantry, casting it would have no affect on vulnerability to Jaws.

Just thought of another way in which would help Memph avoid JOTWW. I think it is legal and it should work most of the time.

Anyway Memph can cast a stack of psychic powers every turn, one of those being wings of Sanguinius. He shuold cast this power every turn as he closes in even if he does not need it. That way he counts as Jump Infantry. Pretty sure that it would work and be legal and not too tricky or unsportsmanlike.

PS doe JOTWW work if the target is not visible? ie behind a landraider, rhino etc...

That wouldnt work as it only works in your turn ( even if you use it as you suggest) it ONLY lets the model move as a Jump infantry , doesnt turn you into jump infantry , just like Tyranids tyrant unit with wings , they are still MC and not Jump infantry.

Jaws have to see the First target the line touches , other wise doesnt work , and yes it goes through vehicles just not affecting them

To the OP : doenst work on Sang guard , as many have pointed , and even if it did , your complaining about you have to make a 4- test ? thats like having to past a 3+ save .........and the fact you let the enemy target you in a line is a big nono in your part , as for using against Mr M , rolling a 6 to work..........and getting pass the hood..........right cause thats really broken...

So i think Jaws is pretty useless unless vs nids / necrons and thats still very situational , and people should stop complaining about this so called " broken" power lol

If you have to complain , you might want to check your dices , cuase you rolled 4 5+ and 2 6+ "saves" ........humm.........dice god favours you maybe too much ?

So, the main reason I lost was from, as you may have guessed, the jaws of the wolf world power, used by a SW rune priest.

Neatly removed, 4 Sanguinary gaurd, Dante and Mephiston for me, before any of them could do anything!

So the whole idea, a little 'initiative test' for every man in a 24" line from the priest, and if you get higher than your initiative on a D6, boom! Remove the model from play, no saves, no invuns. Of course if you get a 6 anything dies, regardless of initiative (Dante, Mephi).

Is this allowed?

Regards

glider0880

By God that would have sucked. It made me feel a little sick just reading it. Must be a little bit ammussing(infuriating???) now knowing that Dante and the Sang Guard would have been immune. Please beat them next time. I hate, and I mean hate, Space Wolves with a furious passion. Reading or hearing about BA losing to SW is enough to ruin a small part of my day.

BTW people are dismissing JOWW but it seems like a pretty devastating power. I mean if you found some decked-out VGV's or HG lined up anywhere near a Rune Priest you could be in for a spoiler.

the things is, Jaws isn't anywhere near as powerful as most people think. Certainly not against BAs who have a high proportion of jump infantry.

Far more dangerous is Tempests Wrath which would create a 48" bubble of dangerous terrain for any jump infantry/skimmers. Thats far more potent against BAs than Jaws will ever be.

Has anyone used Dante's Mask to reduce a Runepriest to 1 wound?

I think i've used dante once only- and thats exactly what I did :) Its awesome considering every time they use a power they have a 1/18 chance of killing their model ^_^

By God that would have sucked. It made me feel a little sick just reading it. Must be a little bit ammussing(infuriating???) now knowing that Dante and the Sang Guard would have been immune. Please beat them next time. I hate, and I mean hate, Space Wolves with a furious passion. Reading or hearing about BA losing to SW is enough to ruin a small part of my day.

BTW people are dismissing JOWW but it seems like a pretty devastating power. I mean if you found some decked-out VGV's or HG lined up anywhere near a Rune Priest you could be in for a spoiler.

1) Grow up.

2) Pay attention.

Your VGVs and HG should have jump packs, wich makes them immune to the power. Even if they arent, only a fool would knowingly line his men up at an angle to a marine player- SWs or no. Flamers are simply to prevalent, and it increases your vulnerability to blast weapons.

I wont take Jaws in a competitive list, its just not worth it unless your running a second priest.

Neatly removed, 4 Sanguinary gaurd, Dante and Mephiston for me, before any of them could do anything!

So the whole idea, a little 'initiative test' for every man in a 24" line from the priest, and if you get higher than your initiative on a D6, boom! Remove the model from play, no saves, no invuns. Of course if you get a 6 anything dies, regardless of initiative (Dante, Mephi).

Is this allowed?

Regards

glider0880

Grow up.........

Is this allowed?

Regards

glider0880

Seriously, thrash those wolves. I have great faith in your ability to do so with half your list not vanishing unfairly. Revenge is yours my brother.

Archived