Ash Wastes / Rad-World / Daemon Bases [pics]

njm3

Workin' on a daemon army and s'more Blood Angels figs and thought that I'd try something a bit different from Green Flock / Static Grass. Was also an experiment to see how ArmyPainter Matte Anti-Shine Spray affects flock and static grass (which it doesn't appear to, so build/prime/paint/decal/dip/base then anti-shine).

Following two bases are under different lighting. My "for reals" bases will have a Graveyard earth edging and underneath part, not the black/tan in the pix.

So before you look at the pictures... think "Chaos Wastes / Ash World / Outside Necromunda / Baal Mutants"....

http://www.veris.org/~savage/SDC11243.JPG

http://www.veris.org/~savage/SDC11246.JPG

The issue is... do you think any of the above things, or is it more of "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!".

I'll be using superglue and tweezers to make the grass stand up a bit more (the shake and blow on it method just doesn't work as well as it should, but I refuse to convert a bug zapper). I'll also be putting in at least one rock, and maybe some drybrushed sand. That and a Fig :)

Components are galeforce nine dirt flock, Autumn blend, and dead static grass.

Whatcha think? Pick out the orange stuff so there is less of it?

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

For ash wastes I would think that there should be a lot more silt. A thought for you would be to have the mix you are using mixed in with a fine sand medium and mix it as a chunky paste.

I have to agree with SquigBait, the orange looks out of place right now. I think it would look great on a reddish brown base though. And the static grass would contrast nicelly with the reddish brown too. But then again, that wouldn't be an ash waste <_<

Archived