Greenstuff question - sorry

Hi. Am just blindly stumbling my way into converting my commander and i wanna try altering the shape of some leg greaves using GS. At the risk of sounding like a simpleton, if it turns out badly once its dried, am i able to "shave" down layers of the greenstuff with my knife like you can with plastic? I know i can keep working on it for a while whilst its drying but was thinking it might still benefit from some work when completely solid. As i say i'm completely new to greenstuff, aside from modelling a basic mohawk on my devestator sergeant (turned out well enough for a first attempt tho i'm sure most people would scoff at it)

as long as its fully cured you can shave or sand it pretty much the same as you can plastic.

and depending on the ratio of blue to yellow depends on how soft it will be.. more blue = dries quicker and harder.

milliput is also a good one to try out, as it dries rock solid and i generally find it works better for sharp edges etc.

Once I started using milliput, I never went back to greenstuff. Depending on where in the universe you are, it may be a bit tricky to locate.. but you'll be happy you did. It sands/cuts/gap fills better than GS. Only disadvantage is it isn't as easy to sculpt... getting flowy tricky surfaces can be a real chore with milliput, but hey, I'd rather have something I can plug a hole in a rhino with and then sand or cut as thin as I want with a hobby knife without it peeling or flaking off in chunks (unlike greenstuff which always stays a bit flexible and isn't as easy to cut/sand) :confused:

Archived