Honour Guard Gearing Question

Zealadin

So I want an Honour Guard unit with Plasma Guns x4 and actually think converting from PAGK (Grey Knights) would be pretty awesome.

The question is can I equip the Honour Guard with a Plasma gun AND a Stormbolter without breaking any rules? Yes its 12 points probably wasted just to make a conversion easier but ruleswise can it work (yes I am aware they can only ever fire 1 weapon etc)

Also there was lots of arguement about the Blood Champ not being able to upgrade his gear, so I'm assuming the general consensus is the same with the Sang. Novitiate?

Sanguinary Novitiates can not upgrade their gear.

It is legal to arm an Honor guard with both stormbotler and plasmagun. That would be all they had (no close combat weapons, no storm shield).

I like Plas/melta myself
Problem with that is that you're not maxing either option (unless you mean 4x meltaguns and 4x plasma pistols, but that's still only 4 shots from either, and is way more expensive?)

The plasmagun/storm-bolter option gives you 8 shots either way, so you can shoot 8 on the way in at 24", then next turn either nuke them with 8 plasma shots, or thin them out with 8 bolt shots and still assault.

The only downside I can see is that it means hacking more arms about, again... :)

Yea the PAGK arms might be a bit of a pain to convert, I'll have to see what the Plasma Gun kit from GWS looks like and if I can manage a simple hand swap from the NFW to the PG. Whats the bet its the wrong hand to hold the gun!

At least I still have plenty of PAGK still unpainted I can experiment on!!!

Next concept - Grey Knight Terminators with wings as Sanguinary guard. Just have to find some wings that would look cool!

Just joking B) (except about the wings - hate the sang guard wings)

Archived