Artwork request - any idea where i can find these images?

Hey folks! I'm currently in the process of running a Rogue Trader campaign, and as with so many things in life, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Many of those in my gaming group are, like me, keen 40k players. However, a few of them aren't - so getting some decent images to help illustrate the action and what they're facing is essential. After all, say "it looks Tau-ish" to most of us, and we'll know instantly what is meant. Not so easy to picture though for someone who's never seen the Tau on the tabletop.

For the next couple of weeks of gaming, I've got several images I'm looking to get hold of, and I'm wondering if any of you good people can help me out.

- Tau frigate / destroyer

- Tau colony

- Tau starbase

- Tau naval officer

- Chaos frigate / bandit vessel

- Chaos bandit captain

- An STC system

I would prefer good quality artwork, rather than images of painted models if possible. I'm also aware that I'm probably going to be out of luck finding many of them.

I'd say for the Tau things, your best bet would be BFG on Forgeworld's homepage. There are also some great illustrations in the BGF rulebook of all sizes of Battleships, both loyal and traitor. Otherwise there's the IA: Tauros (sp?) Campaign, where there's alot of info on the Tau fleet incl. BFG rulebook style illustrations of their fleet assets.

Hope this helps a little.

Luther.

- Tau colony

There have been pictures of Eldar and Dark Eldar planets in the latest Rulebook but none of the Tau. If you have any of the Tau codecies there are a few pieces of terrain in there and the cover and the piece of artwork depicting the Aun'Va guy in the new codex also shows a bit of the architecture.

- Tau naval officer

the tau air caste pilots are probably the closest you can get. On p. 23 under "tau military organisation" there is picture of a command briefing. One of those guy could be a "naval officer"

- Chaos bandit captain

I'm thinking of Huron Blackheart here, but I'm not sure what you mean here.

- Tau starbase

- Tau frigate / destroyer

As already said by Luther, Battle Fleet Gothic is probably the best place to look for pictures of those things (Some of those you mentioned are available as models Tau & Chaos) . Aeronautica Imperialis might be interesting too. If it's only about getting a feel for each faction the smaller crafts should do as well.

- An STC system

What do you mean by that? A storage where these templates are being preserved? Or old Archaeotech that was used to build STCs?

You should also take a look around on some art-related sites, there is quite a lot of fanart kicking around the net, some of it quite good.

The only ones we can help you with here are:

- Chaos bandit captain

- An STC system

This is due to the B&C forum rules and the armies that are suitable for discussion here.

Otherwise, as has been suggested, look at Battlefleet Gothic sources. You might also look at Aeronautica Imperialis and other Forge World products for proper imagery on all of the subjects you listed.

I'm usually a lot quicker to thank folks on these boards, but it's been a long few days! So, a belated thanks for your suggestions! You've given me some food for thought, and some good direction on where I can find some of these things.

Do any of you gents know of any good artwork sites for 40k related images, particularly non-professional work? I've had a trawl through deviantart, which is pretty much the only site I'm familiar with that has a fairly broad selection of 40k artwork drawn by our fellow hobbyists. Whilst I very much admire the professional work commissioned by GW, much of it lacks the passion and vibrancy of a lot of the fan-created stuff I've come across so far.

I will, of course, be sure to keep future requests on these boards to the power-armoured factions...

In terms of the 'Chaos bandit Captain', sorry for the rather vague description. Rather than a CSM, I'm looking more for a Rogue Trader / Ex-Imperial Navy officer turned to Chaos. Although my campaign may well have a CSM or two popping up later on, they'll be a bit too much to handle for my current group of adventurers right now! Huron Blackheart will certainly be great for when I am looking for CSM bandits!

As for the STC system... well, to be frank I haven't a clue what one of these would look like. I'm thinking of some image of archeotech from the Dark Age of Technology... some sort of ancient device that, while not exactly a construction device, at least looks like some sort of storage facility or similar... I'm pretty much open to anything here!

Archived