Would you play against this?

Hey there, im currently planning on buying a model from a non-GWS production line but felt i better ask if you players would play against a army featuring this:

http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.p...arrior_1_04.jpg

I'd would add some SM/dark angels bits to make him seem more 40Kish but largely it would be unaltered and i'd play him as a Chapter Master with Artificer armour, relic blade and a bolter.

I also plan to buy these shields and convert them to have wires and such coming from them to play them as Storm shield.

http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.p..._shields_01.jpg

Could you guys give me some feedback on what you think and if you'd play against someone using them?

Thanks in advance!

If yer asking if most players would mind that an opponent wants to field a single mostly non-gw mini? Since it's not a lego tank as a rhino, or a starwars toy as a titan, most folks would have no problems. Heck, if it matched the rest of your army, no one would probably even know.

And using shields from another manufacturer on GW figs? not a problem.

Folks use soda bottles to represent drop pods, cardboard cut-outs for "counts as" when trying out things they haven't bought yet... it happens and no one bats an eye.

Only issue would be in a tournament or a LGS (primarily GW ones), since 50-75% (depending on the tournament) of the model has to be GW for conversions. Starting with a non-GW base and sticking GW parts on it probably wouldn't fly.. but again, that's tournaments and GW shops, and even then you could probably clear it ahead of time (since GW doesn't make _that_ many figs with artificer armor).

Having said that, if it's going to make you paranoid and throw off your army feng shui, might wanna reconsider. Games are hard enough without some tiny voice (among all the others) in the back of your head going "They're all going to laugh at your fig! They're all going to laugh at your fig!" <_<

i think he looks very good. add a few GW bits and you'd be set.

me, i'm just waiting/longing/praying for them to do a "28mm Templar SF Warrior" :lol: ;) ;)

as njm3 said, I can't imagine normal players deny to play with you if you used that model :confused:

as far as lego models go; they would look awesome on a shelf, but don't ever ask ME to play against them :verymad:

Painted up to match the rest of your foerce, I can't see anyone (apart from the occaisiaonal over-zealous GW staffer) complaining.

If you add some GW bitz, I really can't see a problem.

If a TO is going to go over your whole army with a magnifying glass to check for non-GW parts, you have bigger problems than one snazzy model! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Aw now that's cool. I'd definitely play against a Marshall with a model like that, but I dunno about the benefits of a Powerfist/Thunder Hammer pairing. Man, it's such a shame to have to replace one of those arms. And for the record, I -would- play against lego models. Rule of Fun is my MO.

Looks like they have quite a few juicy new additions to the SF range... I'd absolutely play against any one of these minis. Don't know if I'd buy one of them, resin is way too difficult to convert for my tastes...

BTW, are these guys from Ukraine? "Moscals" (the name of their trademark army) is an insult term that Ukranians use for Russians...

Been looking at ordering from Scibor myself, awesome models. We use lots of counts as models at the club I play at, and never have a problem as long as you know what its meant to be. I play a Chaos Renegade army, among others, and have converted lots of tank models to use as 40k variants of chimeras and Leman russ'. and use other manufacturers models as Chaos cultists and renegades. Yeah I would have no problems playing against "counts As" models from other suppliers as long as I knew what it was meant to be and what it was armed with. Though you would probably be thrown out onto the pavement if you tried to use it at our local GW store. lol.

I dunno about the benefits of a Powerfist/Thunder Hammer pairing. Man, it's such a shame to have to replace one of those arms.

my torquemada coteaz mo9del has his daemon hammer AND a powerfist, just for the awesomeness, his left arm pointing "that way!" looks pretty nice

Archived