Tournament Tommorrow

Corby

Okay as the title says I'm taking part in a tournament tommorrow. The largest one I've taken part in yet. I feel my list is fairly solid so no need for critisim on that. Will post afterwards on how it went etc. :P

Now the reason for this thread.....

Dark Eldar are an army I have no experience of playing with my Blood Angels. I have basic knowledge of what to experience from Dark Eldar.

What I want to know is.... how do you Blood Angel players deal with Dark Eldar?

from my experiance, dark eldar are a very versatile army, but the one golden rule is to not take too many expensive vehicles, as they always seem to have weapons with the 'lance' special rule.

also, do everything you can to get into cc asap. DE shooting is considerably better than there cc, so you want to take advantage of that, by stopping thier shooting and tearing thier heads off. Be careful against some of thier hq choices, their a bunch of wildcards, and can do horrific damage, for example, there is this one guy on a jetbike who can deploy a portal,(small blast sized) that can deepstrike all of his units out of risk free, and they can charge from it if they want to.

DE are pretty random, so dont be sad if he gets first turn, cos then u can see what he is up to. good luck! :P biglou

I play one Dark Eldar player consistently, and I only beat him through shooting. I guess it depends on what kind of Dark Eldar player you are facing, but the one I face takes tons of Wyches, which all have a 4+ invulnerable save in close combat, high initiative, a bunch of crazy combat drugs, and plenty of power weapons, poisoned weapons, etc. In close combat I find them unstoppable. But they are glass tigers that go down immediately to bolters and flamers. The problem is they fly around in fast, open-topped skimmers and have fleet of foot, so they can potentially charge 27" (12" move, 2" disembark, 1" base, d6" fleet, 6" charge). And all of his transports of course have Dark Lances. But open topped skimmers with AV 10 go down pretty quick to shooting.

Then for fire support he takes those crazy AV 11 skimmers with three plasma cannons equivalent weapons each - so nasty!!! It is a fast, brutally effective list, and most things in the list are relatively cheap so it is a large army.

To beat this guy I take Baal Predators and Rifleman Dreadnoughts. I also take tactical squads with flamers and missile launchers, but that is only against him, since RAS w/ a Priest are so much better against almost everyone else. So if you face a DE Wych style army - shoot, shoot, shoot.

I would say the opposite actually. If the dark eldar is anything like a friend of line then everything will be in transports and he will no doubt have lots of wyches. Your best bet is to take down his transports. And charge him. At least then he won't get all his attacks.

Archived