Games Day Baltimore B&C Tables

Brother Tyler

Baltimore Games Day 2010 • Saturday, August 21st • 10am-6pm • Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD

As announced at Games Workshop's website:

Clubs from across North America have gathered together to run fantastic events at Games Day! AND you can bring your own models/armies to many of the events. Make sure you check the details/rules for the specifics of what you can bring.

The Feast of Blades

Club: The Bolter and Chainsword

Models you can bring: 40K Independent Character (see details)

A desperate duel between independent characters, facing off to see who will prevail. Models will be provided, but Games Day attendees are invited to bring their own models. Models may be independent characters from any Warhammer 40,000 Codex. A character may have only one attack/weapon that either has the Instant Kill ability or Str 8 or higher. Characters may not be Monstrous Creatures and may not be accompanied by any other models that have a stat line. Special characters are allowed. Pick-up battles will be played throughout the day, but there will also be several scheduled tournaments with prizes for the winners.

Reliquary (40K Kill Team)

Club: The Bolter and Chainsword

Models you can bring: Kill Team

A Kill Team mission. When all contact with the shrine world of Alraek IV is suddenly lost, a squad of Adeptus Astartes is dispatched to investigate and, if necessary, recover lost relics sacred to the Astartes. Models will be provided, but Games Day attendees are invited to bring their own Kill Teams using the rules found in the Battle Missions book (without vehicles).

Games Day attendees will be able to visit our table where littlbitz and I will be found running games and talking with fellow hobbyists.

As both table descriptions indicate above, we'll have minis for both tables, along with all of the rules. However, Games Day attendees are invited to bring their own models to participate.

HONOUR SHIELDS OF THE LEGIO

In addition to the Feast of Blades and Reliquary, we'll be looking for B&Cers to design honour shields for the Legio. You can see the background behind the honour shields here, and can find templates here. I'll be expanding the templates available as I have time, and we plan on having blank shield designs and art supplies at our table so that members can color their own shields on site (if they don't bring their own). Attendees can leave their submissions with us, or we can take pictures. We will display the honour shields that are submitted at Games Day here on the B&C, with a prize for the winner (the nature of the prize is a secret, but it's in the "nifty" category).

We Need Help

If anyone would like to help us out, please let me know. How can you help? Well, minis are always welcome. What we really need, though, is fellow members to help us run the tables. Games Workshop has severely limited the number of club members that are allowed free entry, which is why it's just littlbitz and me right now. However, any members that help us out will be rewarded. I can't get you free entry, but I'll see that your assistance is worth your while.

Members that allow us the use of miniatures (at least a full kill team or four or more characters for the Arena of Death) will receive some B&C swag.

Members that donate two or more hours of their time helping to man the tables will get a t-shirt (I'll either reimburse you for a B&C t-shirt you buy from the B&C store or I'll buy one for you after Games Day) and some B&C swag.

If I run out of B&C swag, then I'll get you a single mini worth up to £14.00 (I put the Pounds Sterling cost because of the Forge World website).

If you're interested in helping out in either capacity, please let me know.

And when Games Day is over, we're sponsoring the Games Day Baltimore Beatdown with our friends from The Waaagh!!!. We're still working out the details, but the event will (hopefully) take place at the Baltimore Battle Bunker. We're still working out the details, so we'll keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

For those members that are interested in providing miniatures that can be used at the event, please e-mail images of the minis to me at brothertyler@cox.net or upload them to your gallery here and send the links to me. One of the things we do for these events is have all of the pertinent rules for each model available for attendees so that casual Games Day attendees can participate without having to bring their own models or rulebooks, nor will they have to have the rules memorized. So I'll need the images for the cards. You can see examples of the cards below (these are the cards I used at Games Day Los Angeles 2008).

gallery_26_548_15548.jpg

Note that all of the rules for the model are on the front, with the image; and on the reverse is the standard WH40K reference sheet information.

Note that I'll need the images at least one week prior to the Games Day in order to give me time to create the cards (along with all of the other stuff I'll be doing).

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

As with past Games Days, we'll allow players to adjust the rules of the Arena of Death table to suit their desires. After all, the event is about having fun.

For example, at least one of the stock models we'll be providing will have a jump pack, so that restriction isn't firm.

Archived