Help me salvage my rhino

o3gan

Im painting my rhino BA scheme but have gone a bit overboard with the blazing and fiery orange blending and now it looks too orange for BA anyone got any ideas of how to bring it back up to more red. I was thinking blending blood red from the under side of the rhino towards the top link to my rhino here

The Baal red idea is good, plus add a few glazes of a dark green ie thraka green or da green in the crevices and places where it would be dark. A few light glazes of a purple or scab red might work on the rest of the panels as well, it could add more blue taking away the yellow-ie-ness(?) to an extent

It would probably tie it together better if you washed the whole Rhino, otherwise it's going to look a bit haphazard again.

Less is more when it comes to highlighting, especially with something like orange.

Less is more when it comes to highlighting, especially with something like orange.

yes i did alot less on my other sides and they looked so much better,

i didnt blend as far with the blazing orange and i only did an extreme highlight with the fiery

I use washes over top of my highlights all the time. Looks good to me. you might actually have to go back and retouch the very extreme highlights on the corners.

Here is a pic (a poor one) I took a while back for somebody:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/RedFury77/40k/100_0861.jpg

My highlights don't end up very 'extreme' but I like it.

-Fury

its fully painted now and i think all the metal areas and the eagle on the front have made it look more red + my marines are quite bright anyway so i think its uniform. i think im going to keep it. ill get some pics up

Archived