Dark Angels VS Meph

Crynn

Meph would love the MM shots, really ;)

the way tou describe playing is indeed the way for RW to act. take out mobility in the enemy list, then wolfpack (meaning joining your units to take out targets together) to overwhelm parts of the battlefield.

I would change your following squad a bit:

RAS

3 Bikes (1 melta, 1 plasma unfortunately not enough points for 2 plasma)

AB w/ MM

to:

RAS

3 Bikes (2 melta, Meltabomb)

AB w/ MM

Same points, but unity of focus on your weapons, as tankhunters, while removing the risk of an overheat.

If you run this unit near the other plasma squad with the apothecary withing the 6"range it might be less of a chance of removing a model on an overheat, then you might consider dropping one flamer for the 2nd plasma gun. (again for unity of purpose.)

• 1 month later...

Wait I forgot one thing in my list. I have a Autocannon Lascannon pred with a dozer blade as well. sorry I know that can change a few things.

He has been trying ravenwing recently and like you guys have said they are a glass knife actually quite similar to the blood angels. Master of the ravenwing is definately better on the jetbike but all up he is still struggling though admittedly not as much, it will take him some time to learn the foner points of the movement phase, like ym ba army everything can move at least 12" a turn which gives huge tactical flexability.

• 4 weeks later...
I've fought Mephiston a lot, and I find the best solution is to hit him with whatever low AP weapons you have early on, then finish him off with plasma and melta when he gets closer. He will probably dish out some damage to you, I don't think DA have the concentrated plasma/melta shots to take him down in one volley. Also, he isn't fearless, and if you can multi assault with a hard hitting close combat unit and dish out a lot of casualties to a different unit in the assault, he can be broken, but thats not the preferred method :cuss. Last game I tank shocked him with a rhino, he ran, and was followed by the rhino until he was gunned down by plasma shots :) .

As a DA player and a BA player, I'd like to point out a few things about Mephiston: 1. He needs a psychic power to move 12" 2. No invuln save 3. He costs a lot of points 4. Not an independent character

Cost: Ignore him as much as you can. He then becomes a point sink that'll never make his points back. If he's in a transport, take that out and make him walk. Maybe use a libby to nullify his wings and use cheap squads to slow him down in CC. Otherwise, stay out of his way!

*On a side note, if you do have to get into CC with him a libby might not be a bad idea: I lost all of Mephiston's wounds to Chaos Sorcerer's Force Weapon once! Sure, a lot of rolls have to go your way but 1 CC hit can take him down.

No Invuln: If you must kill him; as some one said earlier, treat him like a tank and hit him with long-range anti-tank weapons first. Then hit him with assault cannons and multi-meltas. Finish him off with plasma and meltaguns. AP1/2 hurts him because of the lack of an invuln save.

Not an Independent Character: He can't hide in a squad while making his way to your lines.

There's no doubt that he's a badass but he's costed like one too. If you can ignore him, that's a huge chunk out of your enemy's army. If you have to kill him using a couple rounds of your army's AT weapons, well, his cost warrants that too.

i agree, try to nulify his powers. yes he can cast 3 times per turn, but the more he has try the more likely he is to perril. and has no defence against that wen it happens. sure he has 5 wounds, but if your opponent starts knocking his own wounds hell be wary of taking him. and that makes him easier to kil with your ap1+2 weapons. andything else isnt worth throwing his way til hes on his last wound, then id throw anything and everyhing at him, including the kitchen sink. oh and thunder hammers can be great for finishing him off due to even if they dontkill him it can reduce his initive for a turn which can mean it gets an extra chance to whack him over a fist, which can mean all the difference in cc. If you had a power like jaws it would be brilliant combo here, knock his init to 1 and then knock him outa the park...

Why not try somthing simple like snipers.... dont they wound on 2 or 3 regardless of toughness?

infiltrate them in somewhere with cover or high up....

If you using wolves you can get 10 of them for only 180 points.... (that may be a bit overboard)

Archived