Blood Angels and Death Watch

Liath

Hi guys,

Just offered myself an artemis from inquisitor, but this mini is sculpted as a death watch marine. Is it ok to paint it Blood Angels colors, fluff wise, or is it pure heresy ?

Should I respect some "death watch" markings ?

Thanks in advance.

blood angels contribute to death watch the same as any other chapter so go for it. Either paint as ba with silver deathwatch shoulderpad/arm or paint him as ba still in service to deathwatch- mostly black, silver arm, ba chapter symbol and shoulderpad.

Hi guys,

Just offered myself an artemis from inquisitor, but this mini is sculpted as a death watch marine. Is it ok to paint it Blood Angels colors, fluff wise, or is it pure heresy ?

Should I respect some "death watch" markings ?

Thanks in advance.

Basically if you want to do him as a bloodangel deathwatch marine you just paint one of the shoulders pads blood red with the chapter badge etc. and do the rest in silver and black like deathwatch.

If your wanting to make him up as a full blown bloodangel (i.e. all red and not in deathwatch) the only thing that will really stand out is the ][ logo on one of the shoulder pads (there are some smaller ones but will be easily filed off I think) i'd be tempted to get arty with some green stuff etc.

That said all things considered if you get the colours right the small details like the inquisition symbol wont destroy the effect, if i see a marine in blood angel colours kicking around he will look like a blood angel to me even if there are one or 2 symbols that strictly speaking dont belong. But he dosent need to be in deathwatch to be working for an inquisitor anyway, its not unheard of for small forces (often a squad or so) to be posted directly from a marine chapter (esp if the inquisitor is friendly with the chapter) and not a big stetch to think they might display inquisition iconography when they do.

So yeh do what feels/looks right to you and them fill in the gaps with fluff :)

Archived