Dreddy weaps?

Brother Cortez

I like the normal CCW for furioso...it doesn't show the S:6(10) stat anymore. Why is that?

If I replace the CCW on furioso...does that drop him back to S:6? Because I'm digging those lightening claw talon deals for the new furioso...but I'd hate to lose that S:6(10)!!

What should I do?

Yes, a Dreadnought with blood fists is S6(10).

A Dreadnought with blood talons is S6 as a talon does not count as a Dreadnought ccw - it has its own (fantastic!) special rules instead. Remember that a Dreadnought can benefit from a Sanguinary Priest's Blood Chalice effect, thus increasing those talons to S7 on the charge.

I love the blood talons. My opinion is that the benefits of the blood talons far outweigh the S10 of the blood fists on a Furioso Dread. On a DC Dread, I sometimes feel I need the S10 of the blood fists to take out any vehicle it might be forced to engage. Still prefer the talons, though.

If you're going against orks, nids, or eldar, Tallons are the way to go. Against MEQ, Chaos, and Guard, its a toss up. I like to run two dreads for this reason- flexibility. Also in a pinch a Furioso with blood fists is pretty awesome in close combat in its own right.

Also, keep in mind that dreadnoughts (All types?) have the red thirst rule so if you include Astarath you have a higher chance of getting your FC off without needing a Sanguinary priest. This is helpful if you drop your dread away from your main battle lines. It's not fool proof for reasons that seem obvious. I don't have the page number but it is in the first half of the book under the unit entry for Dreadnoughts.

For my furiosos I almost always do Bloodfists... I hate getting tied up with other walkers (Kans, etc.) and having Talons that do almost nothing.

For my DC its always Talons. 5 attacks at str 7 and I5 are great, especially with rerolling wounds.

For my normal dreads I run nothing but TLAC's. They rock in every game vs every opponent.

magna-grapple is fun!!!

Even when drop podding in.

Grab a LeMan runs and tow it an 1" from you meanwhile it displaces/kills who knows how many infantry squads ^_^ Also you have just now moved the LeMan Russ out side of its cover :Elite: Using it for more then "DREAD SMASH" is what makes it truly effective. Pulling large things out of cover is the best.

Does anyone use magna Grapple in their dread 's and what is your experience with them ?

As I see it is an extra meltagun to 15pts.

But meltaguns are cheaper and get 2 dice armour pen at half range.

I love Magna Grapples... I'm sad that I can't add them to my Furioso Libbys now.

I've been toying with using them on Frag Cannon + BF HF Furiosos, for that extra punch of anti-tank. Last time I did this, I foolishly pulled an enemy DC Dread into Assault Range... right after drop podding in, so I couldn't assault! The good news is that my opponent forgot that he had Blood Talons, and couldn't even scratch AV13 when he assaulted me, and failed to penetrate from 1" away with his melta... But yes, a cautionary tale. -_-

Archived