"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

The =][= are will be out the moment they come up against any other Codex, give up now, while you still can!
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Really, it's done in the spirit of competition, and to see who is Ordo champ. Modern marine Captains don't get a lot of toys for 145 points in the modern era

The =][= are will be out the moment they come up against any other Codex, give up now, while you still can!

Really, it's done in the spirit of competition, and to see who is Ordo champ. Modern marine Captains don't get a lot of toys for 145 points in the modern era

I would personally find it hilarious if a Daemonhunter hero won the AoD. Not only from the 'our codex is the least competitive' side, but to be able to best the current codex when our GKGM is right on the points limit, without a single upgrade.

im secretly hoping the GKs do well in the AoD.. give a good showing of our abilites.

i also think that a force weapon on the higher I, WS and S of the GKGM is really undervalued.. with 145 points very few if any HQs are going to have eternal warrior... this could be very interesting.

Becuase my first army is Ultras im running Cassius.. the mad old codger.. but ill be cheering Ordos in all games (bar a meeting with my Cassius of course)

Not to burst too many bubbles, but have you all so easily forgotten my GM's foray into the mod's AoD, which was also capped at 145 pts? ;) Most HQs go as fast or faster. My GM was buzzsawed by a guy with with an I6 daemon weapon. That guy >> GK GM. :(

Not to burst too many bubbles, but have you all so easily forgotten my GM's foray into the mod's AoD, which was also capped at 145 pts? :HQ: Most HQs go as fast or faster. My GM was buzzsawed by a guy with with an I6 daemon weapon. That guy >> GK GM. ;)

Yeah, but you got the scariest character in the event in the first round!

I just hope that the winner of the =][= sub-forum battles gets to slay one of the foes from another forum, preferably one from a target of their Ordo (it would be sweet if a Witchhunter took down a Librarian!)

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of faith.

:(

When did that change? They were ok when it first went up.

It's cool, I've got a load of GKs painted, but they would just be clones of existing GK entries, so no real reason to enter either another base GKGM, or GKBC with a PH and Psycannon. ;)

Oh well, with most of our Elite choices disallowed (Assassins, DCA, Daemonhosts), there isn't really much left for the DH to enter.

Go go Bob the Pirate! :D

Daemonhosts have never been allowed. Unless there's some PM I sent out that I don't remember, we've never explicitly allowed Daemonhosts. The closest thing that can be found is the post in which certain elites choices were allowed. The Daemonhosts weren't listed as being explicitly allowed or explicitly restricted, but the intent has been to focus as much as possible on the Space Marines. The exceptions, of course, are the Inquisitors, Sisters of Battle, and Chaos Daemons (not Daemonhosts) simply because those are viable HQ choices in the codices covered here at the B&C.

I would have sworn, though, that there was an earlier question on the Daemonhosts and they were explicitly restricted. I just can't find anything to that effect. It must have been a PM or something.

I wouldn't worry about "cloning" characters. The vagaries of the dice gods being what they are, having a duplicate of another character helps the odds if the character is effective. It's not about the character, after all. It's about the forum and the member. Besides, I don't recall any requirement for each character to be unique. So if you have a model and that model can be represented by rules that another character already has, that's okay.

(Because we already have a Shooty IL! :D)

Character name: Brother-Captain Corineus

Codex used: Codex: Daemonhunters

Unit entry used: HQ - Grey Knight Hero - Brother-Captain

Weapons, Wargear, Psychic Powers, abilities and Options;

Bought: Master-crafted Weapon, Psycannon (which is the recipient of the Master-crafting), Bionics, Auspex, Unguents of Warding, Word of the Emperor

Special Rules: Fearless, Deep Strike, The Aegis, The Shrouding, Rites of Exorcism, Daemonic Infestation

Total cost: 138 points

Stock special instructions;

Moving - Brother-Captain Corineus will always move the full 2" backwards, unless this will take him out of Psycannon Range. In which case he will move back the minimum to remain in Range, or move forward just enough to get into Range.

Shooting - Brother-Captain Corineus will blaze away wth his Master-crafted Psycannon, in an effort to purge the corrupted at range.

Psyker Powers - At the beggining of an Asault Phase in which his enemy is in range to Charge, Brother-Captain Corineus will use the 'Word of the Emperor' Psychic Power to try to deny this opportunity to his enemies.

Charging/Assault - Brother-Captain Corineus will never charge. If caught in an Assault, if he attacks before his opponent, he will not Parry. If his opponent attacks first or at the same time, he will always Parry twice.

Voluntary Fallback - Brother-Captain Corineus will always fall back voluntarily.

Image of painted mini

gallery_29054_5208_1098156.jpg

What I find curious is the general lack of Adepta Sororitas Heroines :) I can't be the only one with a painted Canoness, can I? She held her own against a Space Marine Captain in the Mod Arena after all. *grins*

What I find curious is the general lack of Adepta Sororitas Heroines :) I can't be the only one with a painted Canoness, can I? She held her own against a Space Marine Captain in the Mod Arena after all. *grins*

Agreed. I demand more Sisters! They kick mighty ass! :)

codices that should have gone the way of the Squats!

8 entrants by my count, not bad for an obsolete codex. Better than some of the other sub-forum groups.

Archived