Your own Blood Angel Successor chapter

GOFADK

Does anyone play with their own Blood Angels Successor chapter?

If what is the name and what is your color theme are you using?

My Successor chapter:

Name: Guardians og the Blood

Color Theme:

Tactical Marines: Black armour with red trim on shoulderguards and red left knee.

Assault Marines: Black armour with red helmet, red trim on shoulderguards and red left knee.

Veterans marines: Black armour with gold helmet, red trim on shoulderguards and red left knee.

Devestator Marines: Not sure yet

Let me hear about yours

My Succesor Chapter:

Name: Gaurdians of Kleos

Color theme:

A deep dark red (BA colour sheme (chaos black, mechrite red, blood red, baal red, devlan mus recesses.))

All skulls are painted half black, half bleached bone with devlan mud wash

Beakys head are also painted in this way.

A succesor chapter formed by an outcast who had done no wrong, The Gaurdians of Kleos will fight to all costs to protect baal and their eclesiachial leader, Kleos.

I play my own successor chapter:

Name: Blood Wraiths

Colour Theme: Red torso, head and legs, black arms, shoulder pads and backpack, gold helms for vets, DC colours are black armour, head, backpack and legs, red arms and shoulder pads

That's about as far as I've got!

I'm actually thinking of using the Knights of Blood Succesor Chapter. The more I read about them, the more I like them!

Chaplain Hiltraud

My own Chapter:

Name: The Grail Knights

• Primarch: Sangunius

• Logo: Holy Grail and Inquisitorial I

• Home World: Vulcanus

• Fortress: Fortress of Solitude

• Doctrine: Close Combat, Assault, Artifact hunters

• Arch Enemy: Khorne Followers

• Special: Works with the Ordo Malleus

Colors:

-Tactical, devastator and assault squads: Crimson (burgundy) with gold trims

-Sergeants and veterans: Crimson (burgundy) with gold trims and silver helmets

-Devote (death) Company: Black, with silver trims and crimson (burgundy) shoulder pads and backpacks

-Honor/sanguinary guards: Gold

-Paladins (Grey Knights): Crimson (burgundy) with gold trims and golden helmets

Works with:

• Raven Guard (Battle for Axyonus)

• Blood Angels (Conquer of planet Artarexis, rewarded with the permission to build Baal Predators)

• Guard Imperial Joust Order Excellis (GIJOE) (Siege of Calidor system)

• Black Templars (Assault against the Tau fleet)

• Ordo Malleus (The entire chapter fought once under the command of grand Inquisitor Bohemod against the demon world of Trantil. After the battle, Bohemod joins the chapter)

Famous Battles:

• Recover of an ancient hall full of holy and unholy relics in the world of Averon

• Defeated the ork hordes in the forest world of Bimjia

• Destruction of the Eldar Ship Ralfius

• Recover of the Holy Grail from the traitor chapter of the Night Lords

• Recover unholy artifacts of a Necron army in the desert world of Canistia

CHAPTER ORGANIZATION (and count as)

• Chapter Master: Sir Sean Brakovic, High Protector of the Holy Grail (count as Dante)

• Fleet Command: Brother Von Bach, Master of the Fleet (no count as)

• Librarius: Chief Librarian Kane (count as Mephiston)

• Reclusiam: High Chaplain Helmut (Count as Lemartes)

• Armory: Brother Copernicus, Master of the Armory (no count as)

• Devote Company (Brother Artarexes, 99 acolytes) (count as Astoraht)

• Grail Guardians (Exalted Brother Kal, 99 Guardians) (count as the Sanguinor)

Battle companies:

• 1st Company: Silver Helms (Captain Ivannus, 99 Veterans, 1 Venerable Dreadnought) (count as Gabriel Seth)

• 2nd Company: Brotherhood of the Sword (Captain Grant, codex company, 1 Dreadnought)

• 3rd Company: The Demon Destroyers (Grand Inquisitor Bohemod, 90 Paladins) (Daemon hunters codex, of course)

• 4th Company: The Exorcists (Captain Constantine, codex company, 1 Dreadnought)

• 5th Company: Protectors of Vulcanus (Captain Lee, codex company, 1 Dreadnought)

• 6th Company: Crimson Hunters (Captain Kantor, codex company, 1 Dreadnought)

• 7th Company: Red Cavaliers (Captain Hogan, 10 Bike squads, 20 Land Speeders)

• 8th Company: Eagle Warriors (Captain Regan, 10 Assault squads)

• 9th Company: Knights of Redemption (Captain Harper, 10 Devastator squads)

• 10th Company: Novel Knights (Captain Abraham, 10 Scout squads)

Osidian Angels; the

23rd founding, Blood Angels.

Logotype : Lower case Omega. (McDonalds M turned upside down, basically. Used because it looks like an angel. Currently no data about co-relation with Ultramarines.)

Colours : Dark, dark, DARK Purple and orange details. Veterans have golden helmets. Golden trims on the shoulder pads is a mark of exceptional effort.

Beliefs : Salvation (from the black rage) through patience.

Chapter Strength : Roughly 250 Space Marines (~30 Veterans)

Codex Chapter : No

I still have to write an entry in the Index Astartes. ^^'

Name: Elysium Angels (aka colloq: Lazarus' Blue Blooded Bastards or Blue Bloods.)

Color Theme: Regal Blue with white and red trim.

Chapter Symbol: Single blue blood drop.

Tactical Marines: Regal blue all over with white helmet, chest plate, trim on shoulders and right knee pad.

Assault Marines: Regal blue all over with white helmet, chest plate and right knee pad. Red trim on shoulders.

Veterans marines: None made yet. Thinking same as Terminators.

Terminators: White all over with blue chest plate, back and shoulders.

Sanguinary Guard: Purple with gold trim.

Death Company: White with Regal Blue trim.

Vehicles: White with blue trim.

Founded: 26th founding (house rule: New Chapter - no venerable dreadnoughts)

Home world: Hecatomb

Structure (with counts as):

Chapter Master, Lazarus Sangreal (Commander Dante)

Chief Librarian: Osgood Sanguine (Mephiston)

High Chaplain: Priamus Sangmore (Lemartes)

Battle Companies:

First Company, "Knights of the Blue Chalice": Captain Ezekiel Godspeed, Shield of Hecatomb (Tycho: Pre-Black Rage)

Second Company, "Disciples of Sanguine": Captain Godefrey, Master of the Watch

Third Company, "Order of the Vigilants": Captain Perceval, Master of Sacrifice

Fourth Company, "Order of the Valiants": Captain Guillaume, Lord Adjudicator

Fifth Company, "Order of the Vanquishers": Captain Constantine, Keeper of the Arsenal

Sixth Company, "Royal Lancers": Captain Leondegrance, Caller of the Fires

Seventh Company, "Blue Blades": Captain Maximillian, Master of the Marches

Eight Company, "Blue Shields": Captain Solomon, Lord of Skyfall

Ninth Company, "The Brethren": Captain Conrad, Master of Sieges

Tenth Company, "Bull Blooded": Captain Vladimir, Master of Recruits

I need to get my WIP and Astartes Index posted. As you can see there is plenty of preparation and procrastination but I only have about 1,200 points of army made so far.

In the years following the Badab war, with the Lementers Space Marine Chapter under scrutinization by the Ordo Hereticus and the declaration of the Knights of Blood Space Marine Chapter as Renegade by the High Lords of Terra the Blood Angels and their successor chapters found themselves more of a waning force than Commander Dante cared to admit. At the urgings of Brother Corbulo, whose gift with the primarch's all seeing eye is well respected, Dante petitioned the High Lords for another chapter to be formed from the Blood Angels geneseed. In 738.M41, during the 26th Founding, the Emperor granted the request. Thus was the creatin of...

:huh: The Angels Ascendant:HQ:

sm.php?b62c=@iaj2F_hXbsb.hyvFn@.@@@@@iaigXiakk7.@@i8TzJi8TzJ@@@____@@@@__@@_____@@@@@..________iakk7_.__.iakk7&

• Primarch: Sangunius
    Home World: Maur
    Fortress: Ossuary of Blood
    Doctrine: Crusade force, Rapid Strike force, close combat prefered
    Arch Enemy: Daemons, Renegades
    Special: Often under Ordo Malleus supervision

Color Theme:

Tactical/Assault/Devastator Marines: Halved Ivory (left) and Red.

Veterans Marines: Halved Ivory (left) and Red, all vet Jump Packs are Sanguine Guard with White Wings.

Death Company: Halved Ivory (left) and Black. Jump packs are Sanqunie Guard with Black Wings.

The Knights Seraphim

Homeworld: Taloria (Destroyed by hivefleets)

Color Scheme: Crimson helmets, shoulder pads, thighs, arms, and fingers. Gold chestplate, gloves, shoulder trim, elbows, boots. (Veterans have black helmets)

Organization: The Six Wings of the Seraphim

Chapter Master: Commander Kant'be Bothered (Double fist converted from the Space Hulk dead termi... but now I can't run a double fist termi IC, so he really can't be bothered to get out of his chair.)

1st Wing: Veteran (50 Vanguard, 30 Sternguard, 20 Terminators) Lead by Captain Trips (Jump Pack, Fist)

2nd Wing: Aerial Assault (100 Jumppack Assault marines) Lead by Captain (Jump Pack, Dual claws)

3rd Wing: Ground Assault (30 Assault marines in Rhinos, 40 Assault marines in Razorbacks, 30 Biker marines) Lead by Captain Kirner(Bike, Powersword)

4th Wing: Tactical (100 Tactical marines) Lead by Captain (Powersword, Plasma Pistol)

5th Wing: Devastator (30 Devastator Marines, 70 Tank crew) Lead by Captain Eberius(Terminator armor, Hammer&shield)

6th Wing: Death Company, watched over Reclusiarch Raven Song(Jump pack & infernus pistol)

Combat Doctrine:

The Eldest Brothers show the way (Drop Dreadnoughts with homing beacons)

1st and 2nd wing follows close behind, using beacons to avoid needing to scatter

3rd wing joins the fray after the Dreadnoughts and jump troops eliminate the tanks

4th wing camps objectives

5th wing scouts and outflanks

6th wing... is far too well behaved to come out and play (In all of my games, I've never once had a squad of furious charge of their own right lol)

Rough history: World lost to a Tyranid Hive Fleet, and the surviving marines were inducted into the various branches of the inquisition. Since then the chapter itself had a very de-centralized structure until Dante issued his call to the successor chapters, at which point they abandoned their posts and organized themselves based upon preferred combat style and nominated the most experienced among them to be their captains, with Kant'be being nominated to serve as acting Chapter Master, at least for the time being.

I cun a chapter called Disciples.

Scheme looks like:

http://discipleschapter.com/images/disciples.png

Squad markings' coloration denotes company. Fairly new chapter that was spawned from Lamenter's tithed geneseed (they thought it may cure the red thirst without whatever the Lamenter's do to overcome it) to defend the eastern fringe vs. all the Ork incursions.

I play a BA successor chapter.

Name: Iron Angels

Symbol: Classic Blood Angels symbol with dark, aging brass wings supporting a aging industrial iron drop of metal.

Color Scheme: dark, aging industrial iron with black insets on the shoulder pads.

Squad Helm Designations

Tactical: Iron

Assault:Black

Devastator:Brass

Veterans:Gold

Commander Scheme Designation

Captain: Gold helm with laurels, ornamental black and brass wings presented on recognized valor.

Librarian:Blue Armor with colored shoulder

Techmarine:Colored armor with red shoulder

Priests:Armor looks like and aging marble statue with ornamental black and brass wings.

Chaplain:Black Armor with colored shoulder, wield a variety of close combat weapons(from staffs to swords,) helm can be classic skull shape but usually looks like an ancient Terran knight's full face helm cut from aging marble, laurels and black and brass ornamental wings awarded to those who become Reclusiarchs

Succesor;The Storm Angels

Symbol, turquoise blooddrop with lightening

homeworld, Tempest Oneota

strength, approx 1000

scheme, deep red with gold trim on the left symbolising purity and to keep fighting, black trim on right to remind them about the flaw and to fight it. Gold chest details.

helms as ba, and squad markings also. death company have lightening on their armour also, repesenting the storm within.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/spacemarineCAU1LT0G.jpg

finely spread chapter throughout the imperium and prefer to work alone but help others when called upon and follow sanguiniuses docterins.

combat docterine, prefer to attack un prepared enemies under the cover of storms, desedding from the clouds amongst lightening, and charging through the driving cover of the rain. they use anchient technology to increase the power of natural storms and increase their effictiveness with the techmarines cutting vox in a way that the enemy will think its the storm and the libarians also adding their colletive might to the efforts. they catch their enemys off guard ad often sweep through the enemy. with little oppostion. this way they advoid the worst of prelonged warfare that other marines suffer from. many worlds have fallen under their first wave of such tactics. they can be a valuable asset for a good commander against an unprepared opponent.

I just want to thank the OP for this! It's great to read other peoples DIY successor stuff, and for those of us who have hit a sort of dry spell, looking at what other have written (and even just the format) is enough to jump start the writing process.

So for that, I salute you!

Name: Angels of Purgation

Symbol: Blood drop encircled by flames

Home World: Folcanus Prime

Colors: Torso, upper legs: red. Lower legs/arms: black. Should guards: bleach bone, black trim.

Currently just building the second company led by Lord Skyblade, Master of the Assault.

Name: Angels Cruentus

Colors: I went with a pretty odd scheme. I have a base scheme for each squad, IE each guy looks similar. But then I added things onto each guy, here and there. I went under the ideal that the Angels customize their armor personally, like heraldry, but in symbols. It's hard to describe because it varies so much. It's on this page of the BA showcase, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...9231&st=675. As is, my army is at 2500 points and retired from further improvement and building, still need to find time to finish painting.

Home planet and such, haven't thought of lore for them too much, been meaning too, I'll sit down some day and do it.

Name: Angels Cruentus

Colors: I went with a pretty odd scheme. I have a base scheme for each squad, IE each guy looks similar. But then I added things onto each guy, here and there. I went under the ideal that the Angels customize their armor personally, like heraldry, but in symbols. It's hard to describe because it varies so much. It's on this page of the BA showcase, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...9231&st=675. As is, my army is at 2500 points and retired from further improvement and building, still need to find time to finish painting.

Home planet and such, haven't thought of lore for them too much, been meaning too, I'll sit down some day and do it.

Thats the Name I wanted! your the guy who did it first! damn you!

Name: Sisters of Sanguinius.

Colors: Armour=dark red, Cloth=creamy-like-ness..., Blood drops=purple with hot pink highlight, Wings on symbol=not sure yet:P

In the process of making a successor chapter with sister models taking the place of 99% of the men in the army. I have repentia as Death Company, Seraphim as assault marines, a misstress as an awesome chaplain, but most special and heavy weapons will still be lugged around by the slave boys(carry that missile launcher BITCH! :)) But yeah, don't bother telling me that it can't happen fluff wise because i don't :cussing care. I'm doing this because it looks awesome and makes ME happy. Space marines look too big and clunky to be big badasses IMO. Sisters just are so much more detailed and purdy, plus their funner to paint(i know funner isn't a real word, it more fun, but i don't care. its much funner to used :cussed up american than it is to use english). anyways yeah.

Thats the Name I wanted! your the guy who did it first! damn you!

Haha, sorry mate. Came up with that name 8 years ago when I first started into 40k. Was a kid who just happened to find a Latin-English Dictionary.

hehehe, I found the dictionary too, i wanted to do bloody angels but it sounded too similar so i translated it to latin. i did all the fluff and some people in the liber told me the name was already taken =(. you probably did a better job than me.

mines now called the angel seekers which fits my fluff more anyway

I'm in the middle of creating my own BA successors known as 'The Eviscerators'.

Colour Scheme:

They have a colour scheme of dry-brushed mithril silver over chaos black primer and several liberal applications of badab black ink. Their arms are painted with mechrite, highlighted with blazing orange and inked over with half baal red, half badab. They lack a single icon, and tend to use general iconography based upon that of their parent chapter - with use of blood drops and wings, but a prominent use of grail imagery and three droplets of blood.

sm.php?b62c=@hu5tG_hIAEG.hozqS@@@@@@@hGxVO@.@@hYbiBhYbiB@@@@@@@@@@@__@@_____@@@@@..@@@@@@@@@@@@@.iakk7&

Background:

The chapter is generally of a mysterious and clandestine nature, and is rumoured to keep contact only with the Blood Angels themselves. These engineered warriors stand ever silent, never removing their helmets and presumably conversing only over encrypted channels. They have never disclosed any details of name, and their use of a myriad of icons puzzles many - though their sanguinic heritage is clear. Their sobriquet is a reference to their bloodthirsty ways and their predilection for assault; and it has been commonly observed by those who fight alongside them that a new member of the chapter gains a crimson right arm only after tearing the entrails from a worthy adversary.

The Eviscerators often appear from orbit, raining from the sky in drop-pods or descending from thunderhawk gunships. Like their parent chapter, they seem to be affected by a defect in their gene-seed, making use of death companies who tear across the battlefield in utter silence, their howls of rage trapped inside their helmets.

Despite frequent conflict with khornite warbands, The Eviscerators have not gone unnoticed by the inquisition, who are all too keen to investigate these mute, 'barbaric' warriors.

Any thoughts on the fluff and colour scheme would be awesome, I can post a picture or two of a marine I've painted if anyone wants to see it~

Archived