Death Company and ICs

soshi kenpachi

I was thinking about using commander Dante to drop in a plasma/infernus equipped 10 man DC (Yeah, it'll cost like, 500 points but it could be funny). I voiced this concept aloud while pondering my next purchase at a local FLGS, and a 'friendly' and 'Helpful' employee jumped into the conversation to declare this was illegal as only chaplains may accompany the death company. The friend I was discussing things with said he thought that sounded right.

Did I miss something and it IS illegal, or is it legal and just a dumb idea?

It's a one trick pony, but what a trick! 20 Rapid Fire weapons hitting on a 3 up is just epic. It should wipe out pretty much any non mech unit in one turn. If the target is in a transport I've got a shot with Commander Dante blowing up the transport via his infernus pistol and then decimating the unit as they get out. So if they can magically appear and wipe out a unit, it's an issue of how they follow up on the initial massacre.

I want to try DC JP Ambush and if it's legal(I.E. I wasn't missing anything) then I'm in for a fun time this weekend.

look in your codex. There is NOTHING in your codex anywhere that says DC cant be joined by non chaplains. Show them your codex.

Here's what you should do:

DS Dante, x10 dc with x2 inferno pistols and assorted weapons, AND a chaplain with an inferno pistol. DS near a Landraider or equivilant. Pop it. Take up the wounds, let Dante die if you have to, but keep the chaplain and some DC intact for your next turn.

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!

I know it's not cost effective, but I could have the AT DC buy 2 infernus pistols apiece so they get as TL infernus pistol and get the extra attack for 2 CC weapons. I concur on the JP Chaplain madness.

What would the best size for a JP ambush be, then? 10 JP DC has a base cost of 350 before weapons, throw in Dante and the Chaplain and you're staring down another 350. So 800 with weapons. Almost half my army in an 1850 game. I think it might be worth it in a 2500?

he's probably confuse w/ the last codex (though there was no limitation on who can join DC either :/) if you stick a chaplain in DC then you can move them as you please instead of running around buck wild like in the current codex... but in this edition, chaplains no longer have control over DC...

look in your codex. There is NOTHING in your codex anywhere that says DC cant be joined by non chaplains. Show them your codex.

Here's what you should do:

DS Dante, x10 dc with x2 inferno pistols and assorted weapons, AND a chaplain with an inferno pistol. DS near a Landraider or equivilant. Pop it. Take up the wounds, let Dante die if you have to, but keep the chaplain and some DC intact for your next turn.

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!

Haha. I would like to see this done to dark eldar :-)

"Kill them!"

"*Roar* butsir Dante nothing of it costs above 100 points and they are hitting us with plasma!"

Dante's just in there as an impromptu homing beacon. He gets the DC where they need to be, then they part ways and he goes 'Mijin Gakure' against the nearest tank. He's there to reliably get the DC exactly where they need to be. 3" melta range on the infernus pistol requires some real precision.

I know it's not cost effective, but I could have the AT DC buy 2 infernus pistols apiece so they get as TL infernus pistol and get the extra attack for 2 CC weapons.

As far as I know, in 5e you can't fire two ranged weapons and there is nothing to say that having two pistols of the same type counts as twin-linked. So you'd basically be wasting 15 points per model.

I know it's not cost effective, but I could have the AT DC buy 2 infernus pistols apiece so they get as TL infernus pistol and get the extra attack for 2 CC weapons.

As far as I know, in 5e you can't fire two ranged weapons and there is nothing to say that having two pistols of the same type counts as twin-linked. So you'd basically be wasting 15 points per model.

Sounds kind of like someone saying "I have two Lightning Claws, so they are twin linked"

I must've misinterpreted something a while ago and never got it challenged(since I never run with 2 of the same weapon). Bleh. new player calvin balls the rules again. C'est la vie.

certain Sisters units have a rule that make a gun twin linked if armed with 2 of the same pistol. But we don't have that rule.

I must've misinterpreted something a while ago and never got it challenged(since I never run with 2 of the same weapon). Bleh. new player calvin balls the rules again. C'est la vie.

certain Sisters units have a rule that make a gun twin linked if armed with 2 of the same pistol. But no one else has that rule.

Tyranids use to have that rule in their 4e codex as well.

Archived