Building 2000 point of tournament Blood Angels

Brother_Dan'l

I've been busting my head trying to put together a 2K list for a tournament and frankly not having a lot of luck. I know what I'd like to have, but when I try and shoehorn it all in I'm left with a very dissatisfied feeling. What units are the "MUST HAVE!" for tournament level hybrid build Blood Angels? I'm asking about hybrid because I truly dislike all the Razorspam lists and don't want to go down that path. I can field at least two of any BA unit but I just don't like anything I've come up with myself. Please help me get past this brain lock! :lol:

So assuming we start with Dante, a Stormraven and a VAS-6 where do you go from there?

Thanks folks.

i really like the stormraven. it has the potential to be really nasty. though 12 AV all around is kind of a bummer. wished it was something like 13 front, 12 side, and 11 rear. but anyway, if you're using Dante, why not add HG with JP in the mix and drop them outta the stormraven. they are his boys. i usually run around with 2 squads of RAS, full strength w/ 2 meltas and PF. with JP or not and stick them in a rhino. can trade the meltas for flamers if you really wanna BBQ something. and since you have a stormraven, add a furioso or even a libby furioso for shield, flying dread is nice and all but eh. however, that's a ton of points invested in the stormraven. 2 baal pred would be nice. heavy bolter sponsors or not. and more troops... since you dont like razorspam, you can pick up the sanguinary guards as they are troops with dante. the idea is essentially everything that doesn't have JP are in fast vehicles...

btw: if you use sky of blood the units disembark as if it were deep striking... so i'd say yes, since they could use decent of angels if they had JP, so why not tactical precision as well. but then you wouldn't be able to assault on that turn... soo bleh :/

Here is a question...(assuming you run Dante and the VAS in the Stormraven)

Does Dante's Tactical Precision help when disembarking from the Stormraven?

By its wording, I have to say no, as they are not arriving via Deep Strike.

The VAS arrives all on it's own via Deep Strike. Heroic Intervention as a counter charge tool is too powerful to pass up. Dante and a Sanguinary Priest are generally attached to an RAS-10 or the Sanguinary Guard.

The Stormraven has been carrying a DC-6 and a Furioso of some flavor. It comes in from Reserves and generally makes a mess of one flank or the other. Hell, I'd love to fit both my SRs into the list but I don't think that really works using 25% of my points on two AV12 tanks. Well, maybe... Naaah. :P

Hell, I'd love to fit both my SRs into the list but I don't think that really works using 25% of my points on two AV12 tanks. Well, maybe... Naaah. :)

Lies :blush: I'm trying to shoehorn a second one into a 1500pt list for a tourney next weekend as we speak. :cry: I guess that's my "Must-have"...

Archived