Bionic Psykers?

GeoWolf

Looking at this from a fluff perspective. Just about every organization has their version of psykers: Librarians, Sanctioned Psykers, Astropaths, etc. What I want to know, is do the Mechanicus have Psykers within their ranks. I imagine the usual Navigators and Astropaths probably, But are there any Magos? Or is this a heresy to the Omnisiah?

It's commonly known that there are different branches of the Ad Mech, each with it's own area of special interest. One may deal specifically with siege weapons, while another deals specifically with robots. Since psychic weapons exist, and the Mechanicus makes all the weapons, then it would stand to reason that there is a specific section dedicated to psychic weapons, such as force weapons. It also stands to reason that these weapons would be impossible to make without the maker being a bit psychic, or at least directed to act by a psycher.

I would say that it is very highly likely that there is an entire section of the Ad Mech who are directed by psycher tech priests. In addition, tech priests who take the field of battle are equipped with the best that their own forge can produce. If you were to give a psycher tech priest a force weapon, it had better be a master crafted one.

Codex: Eye of Terror, p.16, under the listings of the Notable AdMech forces, they have a unit listed as 'Divisio Telepathica Psi-Titans: Classified' I would say the possibility of the AdMech having some psykers is pretty high, and potentially scary as hell, lol.

Wow, and i thought Reavers were scary in the first place. Then you give them mind bullets to shoot me with. Hmmmm, I wonder what Shadow in the Warp would do to that.

I think a Mechanicus Psyker should have pyspowers which affect and modify machines mostly of course. So maybe powers that allow a machine (tank, cybot, walker) to make an additional move, or shoot a weapon, or maybe repair them.

Maybe a power that influcts a glancing hit on a vehicle. Something that prevents them from moving/shooting etc.

I like the sound of this.... I need to procure a codex:eye of terror.

Oh, and also, just listened to Fireborn today. Pretty good cd. However, they mention another Legio, the defunct Legio Cybernetica I believe it was. Is this anywhere in the fluff, or made for this cd? I could see a hidden AdMech branchlike that now...

The legion cybernetica gets at least one mention in "A Thousand Sons".

The Legio Cybernetica, though, is where the robot maniples fall. Robots were an element that were introduced in the Rogue Trader era (1st edition), though they haven't been supported by rules in any edition since that time.

The legion cybernetica gets at least one mention in "A Thousand Sons".

The Legio Cybernetica, though, is where the robot maniples fall. Robots were an element that were introduced in the Rogue Trader era (1st edition), though they haven't been supported by rules in any edition since that time.

Don't get me started. Almost nothing purely Ad Mech aside from titans, tech priests/marines, and servitors has been supported by rules even though they make up almost a third of the imperium. Burns me up something fierce.

Back on topic though, OP you just need to sit down with a few extra hours to spare and start google searching Adeptus Mechanicus and reading everything you can get your hands on. We could prattle on for days about the different sections of the order of the machine god, but it's best to just dig up your own answers.

Archived