Daenyathos

zaroph

Greetings esteemed battle brothers. A couple of days ago i received my copy of Daenyathos :) and i was wondering, has anyone else purchased it? Thoughts? Did you like it or not? First of all the book arrived less than 48 hours after i ordered it via UPS. I live in Greece and from order to arrival it took less than 48 hours. Veeeery nice! My copy is the 29th out of 1000, signed by Mr Counter too. The cover is a very rich and beautiful purple colour. At last... it is not printed in china, rather in Malta and you can tell the difference. So far so good. However the book is very small. I read fast and finished it the same day. I paid 45 pounds(with mailling expenses) which i find a rather hefty price

for such a small book. With the text inside there are pencil drawings. I didn't like them very much. However all this is my personal opinion. I would pay for any Soul Drinkers book any price because i like them very much regardless of how expensive i might think it is, and i like Mr Counter's writing style. Your opinions?

This guy did, and the frightening revelations within were completley worth a ridiculous amount of money, my left arm, leg and firstborn child. The pencil drawings were a bit of a shock, compared to the wonderful art in 'Iron Warrior", but they are helpful with inspiration with painting my pre-excommunication Soul Drinkers.

The book leaves us with more questions than answers though.. But i like that. The pencil drawings were not good, i would prefer something better; Maybe even coloured drawings, i don't know.I hope mr Counter writes a novel soon. Can't wait to see. What number is yours? Mine is 29th.

lol, 916. Lucky I got one at all, I kept mulling over the dang price. As for 'more questions than answers', it seems to be a trait Mr. Counter likes to keep up on with this series. Thats good, though. I'm still wondering if Sarpedon is alive, or Luko has taken mantleship of the chapter. How the heck are the Soul Drinkers going to survive imprisionment on the Phalanx? And what exactly Chap. Intikos is up to...with this book, we know it's as per Daenyathos's will, but what exactly is that? Grr...Mr. Counter better pay up with his next book, lol.

It all comes down to Iktinos really. I suppose he will find Daenyathos somewhere and enact the secret plan. Maybe they'll even go loyal again after they explain the mechanicus treachery to the Imperial fists. Just what the plan is, no-one can guess. I really like the Soul Drinkers, heck i made an army of them! I hope the don't end up destroyed.

Lol, after I finished 'Daenyathos', I un-shelved my Soul Drinkers project and started painting again. Loyal, though? Even if they explained the AdMech trickery, there's still the issue of beating the hell out of their brother chapter, the Crimson Fists. No, I see a super insane breakout in the Soul Drinker's future.

Since the mechanicus deal they have been hunted down like dogs. Not for the 1st time in warhammer 40k loyal marine chapters fought each other over a plethora of reasons. On Vanqualis they tried to help and the griffons arrived, on Entymion they hunted Tellos to exact justice and prevent him from butchering Emperor knows who! i believe that in the end they will choose survival if they get a choice. They can't go on like this. And quite frankly i don't see Sarpedon surviving. When the heads start rolling with the Imperial fists his is the first.

Oh, agreed, loyalist marines have fought for a variety of reasons, but we're talking about two chapters who share the same father. One way or another, the Soul Drinkers are done soon. And yeah, Sarpedon is toast, as are the rest of the mutated. Either Itinkos or Luko will take over, it's just a matter of time.

I agree that Sarpedon is gonna be nutrient paste for power armour. Luko is a much more mature character to take over.

However we must bear in mind that it all comes down to money and Soul Drinkers sell. We are talking 5+ books now. I still hope they'll make through! Did you see my Soul drinkers? There's a link in my signature. Check 'em out and tell me what you think? Do you have any pictures from yours?

Agreed, Luko would be a better choice, but I don't think Iktinos is going to just accept that and roll over. It's going to be a heck of a showdown. They'll make it through, but it's gonna be bloody. Yeah, I took a look at your Soul Drinkers, very nice. Unfortunetly, my dog thought my camera made a good chew toy, I'm trying to save up for a new one. You went the opposite way with your scouts than I did, I have mine with cream/bone colored cloth. Edited by 1000heathens

oh man im dieing to get my hands on a copy of that book. i made a Drinkers army after reading the omnibus. thats what got me into this game in the first place. i even wrote a whole short story on how my Chapter broke off from sarps bunch just before the rebellion and now there being persecuted by the imperium.