lightning claws cost?

in c:ba the points cost said exchange bp/bolter for lightning claw 15pt. exchange ccw for LC 15pts same as a power weapon that 30pt. for that id rather take Th, and get a PP, or IP for 15 extra. see im confused

Well, if lightning claws were cheaper than power weapons, no one would take power weapons.

Lightning claws on a captain with I5 and then add furious charge to that is really good (probably not as good as a reclusiarch overall, but for a solo character can kill a ton)

in c:ba the points cost said exchange bp/bolter for lightning claw 15pt. exchange ccw for LC 15pts same as a power weapon that 30pt. for that id rather take Th, and get a PP, or IP for 15 extra. see im confused

It says that you can exchange your bolt pistol/boltgun for a lighting claw (15pts) and your chainsword for one too (+15) making it 30pts for the pair

Forgefather

A pair of lightning claws indeed costs the same as a thunderhammer, I'm not sure what is more effective though. Obviously against vehicles the hammer is better but in normal combat the claws ability to strike first can be very nice.

so is it better to give a captian the pair rather than one because of the cost.

You give him the pair because otherwise you only get his base attacks.

Thunderhammers cost 60pts to get that second attack. So its alot less of a deal if you look at it like that.

If I had a captain with a lightning claw, the other arm would also be a lightning claw unless I wanted a storm shield.

My friends Flesh-tearers captain has 2xLC and regularly kills 3-4 marines on the charge.

Wich is enough to make sure his combat squad can take the victory most of the time.

Archived