Blood Lance

Right i've been pndering this question since i read the psychic Power wayyyyyyyy back :Troops: when the codex came out and im still not sure of the answer so i said i'd ask here. So for example if i target a rhino with Blood lance and it hits a Fully obscured rhino behind it as well does that rhino then get a cover save as you dont actually need LoS for that vehicle.

Blood Lance is still a shooting attack. Since it does not explicitly state it ignores cover, cover saves are possible against it. I used it for a few games until everyone always made their cover saves and I dropped it (dropped the Libby not too much later)

Those 2 games i had against you were probably the worst i had ever played. 1's and 2's summed up those games with melta really not liking me. I have swapped the list around now, dropping the Pod squad, Baal and the footslogging priest for 2 squads of 5 Vanuard. Thanks to you for this they've been working fairly well. You forgot to mention how those 3 Pods somehow with a tiny bit of luck wiped out that grey hunter squad. I am also sqapping the Lance on the libby for Rage or sword. And thanks to the rest of ye for answering my question.

You forgot to mention how those 3 Pods somehow with a tiny bit of luck wiped out that grey hunter squad.

Yeah, it was funny but inconsequential as most of the army was already gone at this stage. I'll have to give you another game with your new list to see how it gets on.

not that i would use the power but i could see it being argued that the line is drawn and then everything on the line is hit. anything in cover gets its save but anything not in cover dosent. or thats how i would like to have seen it writtenbut it was ommited in the rules .... cough...

Even then at a tourney i was at recently it would have really helped me out as my opponents parked several veichles in a corner behind some terrain with the heavier weapons at the sides shooting out (russes) with the long rane artilary behind, firing a single power through that could have really hurt, oh well, watching a single cannoness with eviscivator chew through them was equaly fun :)

Archived