Daemon infestation

Darter

Hey guys i was hoping some one could give some pointers in the right direction.

I am playing a game @ 1500 pts against a daemon player in the near future and i have neve played against such an army or even know how they work. I dont relaly know the list other than he has a unit of plague guys, flamers, 2 greater daemons (unkown affiliation), khorne blood letters and what appeared to be horrors. there might have been more but i am unsure.

I run a semi mech army. 6 Dc in razor back, 5 ass marines with sang in razor back, pred w/ auto cannon and las can, baal pred with ass can and HB's, attack bike with HB and 10 ass marines with sang priest and Astorath. Oh and 5 bolter and HB scouts.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Current Demons lack against a lot of armor and a lot of shooting. Yeah they may all have invul saves but it's usually 4+ or 5+ so it's pretty easy to take them down. Their walkers are probably the greatest threat to your troops with their battlecannons. Take those out and you should be able to walk the board with gunfire.

I have a friend that loves to run jump assaults. He lost 9-12 marines top of turn 2 to battle cannons, (almost all of his troops) and was still able to table the demon player with baal pred, tact squad in a rhino, and a 5man honorguard squad in a hb razorback at 1000 pnts.

If you have a Vindicator, it may be worth taking. Last time I played I was up against a friend who was playing Daemons with my Guard, and my Demolisher tank had a field day with its cannon versus squads of daemons...

Semi-mech should serve you well in this case. Daemons will struggle to crack even a rhino when they drop.

While Daemons struggle to crack vehicles when they drop, they are VERY proficient at killing infantry - even our infantry. Hence, if you win the roll for first turn/deployment, I advise you to go second and DON'T try and seize the initiative. Then hold your jumpers in reserve. This will make sure that you're only getting the first of your reserves after (on average) 75% of his force has arrived AND that your tanks have had a chance to do their thing. I'd also opt to hold those scouts in reserve.

Even if you don't get first turn, I'd hold those infantry models in reserve. At the very least it will mean that he'll try and hold his flamers in the second wave, which CAN be a good thing if they're delayed enough.

Just drive around in Razorbacks and laugh while shooting the crap out of them with the transports' guns. Go second if you can and any infantry units that you have should probably start in reserve unless they're packing a lot of heavy weapons like Devastators. Daemons aren't too tough most of the time, so play to your strengths (mobility and armor) and minimize his (close combat power and the ability to deploy anywhere).

Archived