Interrorgator chaplain, and his career

Lord Dacius

So I was thinking that it would be interesting to paint up a series of models to go with the story highlighting the long service of a Dark Angel who would one day be an Interrorgator Chaplain. This would start with scout, then to Greenwing, now here is where it gets interesting, because I plan on this marine doing a tour with the Deathwatch ( it would be before he gets to the higher levels of the many circles in the chapter, so no harm no foul).

Upon returning from the Deathwatch is when i would have him pick up chaplain. Now this is where i get confused about where to take his story. Do Dark Angel chaplains serve first in the Deathwing, and this is where they are elevated to Interrorgator chaplains, or do they stay in companies 2-9 untill such time that the inner circle enlightens him?

on the table top, i want an excuse to have this marines (me) in almost every configuration that you can get a marine in the DA. Scout, Greenwing, Ravenwing, and of course TDA

What do you think my brothers!!

I remember some line from the 'dex that says "the chaplain's duties take him perilously close to the secrets of the chapter and if he finds the truth unaided he will be brought before the Inner Circle etc etc." This suggests that Chaplains do not automatically go through the Deathwing and stay within the Battle companies.

I like what I read so far. Why not go a step futher, and have him fleshed out while he was human before being taken into a DA. Yes I know it dosn't matter if how he was when he was human, but it could that it is better he ended up as a DA since his life was of misery, or it be irony, on how he was so sneaky hiding away from what ever and never getting caught, and his "Father" not birth father but somone who raised him and not knowing he was Fallen, always on the run, and then becoming a DA and finally hunting what he was running with.

The irony there, and nobody would know that his "father" was a Fallen or if not Fallen someone always on the run.

I believe that the chapter organization chart places regular Chaplains Companies 2-9. The Deathwing are part of the Inner Circle as are Interrogator Chaplains. Because of this, the Deathwing do not technically have regular Chaplains. I'd say that a Company Chaplain may be on par (or very likely greater in experience, being an HQ) with members of the 1st Company anyway but has simply chosen a different path. Upon acceptance as an Int. Chaplain he would however work along with the Deathwing anyway.

This may be helpful also (though Ultramaine related, I'm sure some things are similar). -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...showarticle=630

Here is another C:SM centric link, though you could use it for reference as the DA follow it quite closely with different titles -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...showarticle=111

Archived