Color Question

brennus

Land Raiders - I've seen them painted in Dark Angel green and in bleached bone. I've always assumed that they get painted the colors of the company to which they get attached... normally they are part of Deathwing, so I suppose they are ivory in their "natural state."

However, what about an Apocalypse land raider formation (Armoured Spearhead)? I've been debating what color scheme they would get, because a formation is semi-autonomous. Green? Ivory? Black? Chartreuse?

Okay, maybe not chartreuse.

From memory, without my codex at hand, I believe each Deathwing squad has its own dedicated Land Raider. Meaning 20 Land Raiders should be painted bone white. The Armoury also maintains general use Land Raiders as well, though, and these will be dark green.

FB is correct. The DW maintains its own fleet of 'Raiders – so these at least could be bone white. These vehicles are listed as being Deathwing 'support' in the current Codex. While those belonging to the generic Chapter armoury would be DA green.

The reason the DW has its own vehicle pool is all to do with what they might be asked to undertake and the 'security' issues surrounding some of their more delicate missions, plus the immediacy of availability.

As to the Spearhead question – whatever colour you like, or a mixture of the both.

Cheers

I

The reason the DW has its own vehicle pool is all to do with what they might be asked to undertake and the 'security' issues surrounding some of their more delicate missions, plus the immediacy of availability.

Actually its simply because DA are a mostly Codex chapter: all codex adherent chapters give companies 1-9 their own pool of transport vehicles with the 1st getting their own Land Raiders because Rhinos are no use for Terminators.

What about the crew? Fluff wise - are crew DW, and if yes, what armor should they have (power or terminator)? Model wise -say I have marine popping out of hatch (manning pintle-mounted weapon for example) - how should I paint him?

The drivers would likely be first company vets that chose not to wear TDA. So fluff wise I think they would be green armor with white robes, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Or Mars Red armour with green left shoulder pad I'd guess. Crew armour colour for DW company vehicles has always been a bit contentious.

Somehow bone white power armour in the DW context just looks wrong to my eyes :D. Personal opinion of course.

Cheers

I

FB is correct. The DW maintains its own fleet of 'Raiders – so these at least could be bone white. These vehicles are listed as being Deathwing 'support' in the current Codex. While those belonging to the generic Chapter armoury would be DA green.

As to the Spearhead question – whatever colour you like, or a mixture of the both.

Cheers

I

What color would the Thunderhawks that deliver them be?

Archived