In the mood for painting

Hey lads, in my new BA army i have since 2nd April I have only painted 2 squads of 5 DC, Lemmy, Libby, libby dread, 10 man RAS and half another unit of 10. I just cant get into the mood ofpainting. Now i like painting and at the humble age of 16 im a fairly good painter in my LGS.

The problem is i cant get into the mood. What do you guys do to get you in the mood?

Painting. Seriously. Sounds weird but once I've started painting I always enjoy it. Sitting down in front of the minis and starting to work is the hardest part for me. And sometimes I eat cookies while painting. The sugar helps me to concentrate. -_-

But considering the amount of stuff you have painted in 4 months I'd say you don't really have a problem with motivation... I'm much slower than that.

I do several things.

My preference for painting is actually at my GW store, I can converse with fellow hobbyists as I get on with my models and pick up tips/hints or just listen to the music. I painted a pack of 10 Grey Hunters up in less than a week sitting in a GW store, and that was a few hours a day.

If at home I'll stick some music on (I have a painting playlist) and get to it, I find I'm not nearly as productive but I can go a couple of hours without wanting to stop.

For me, it's giving myself a deadline for a new unit or model.

For example, this week I'm busting my tail trying to complete two Landspeeder Typhoons for a tournament next weekend. If they're not done, my army will suffer! Many of the events I've been going to of late have a painting award as part of the prizes, or a "no unpainted models" rule.

Other than that, it's planning out a new unit to use, or a new direction in which to take my army.

Archived