BA Land Raiders

jehdin

Evening, brothers!

I just picked this up, and though I don't necessarily buy the hype of it being a MK1 variant, it was relatively cheap, and I am excited to get it on the table.

I'm planning on using it as a troop transport for a Reclusiarch + DC squad, to allow me to move the DC into the thick of things, provide cover for other advancing squads, and pin down sniper units. Since it rocks a 14 armor on all sides, I am hoping I can keep it on the board for more than a turn or two. I am assembling a 1500pt list, and I think the utility justifies the 250pt cost, however I'm looking for some feedback - is this a viable means of using a LR?

The land raider crusader is my favorite vehicle, I prefer the crusader pattern for assault troops. The standard land raider seems to want to sit back and blast away with lascannons instead of charging forward firing hurricane bolters, assault cannons and multi meltas while dropping the DC out the front, but that is just how I see it. I have actually stopped fielding it because I got tired of it being killed on turn 1 or 2 from broadside fire, but aside from Tau I havn't ever had it blow up on me, it just I seem to only fight the Tau or a game with the Tau against me.

that landraider in the auction isn't a gw product, btw... hence the "Note: These models are field able and beautiful hand crafted items, so real even the emperor cant tell."

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2029landraider.htm

Which is why I didn't bid on it. No worries except maybe if you play at a GW store or a stickler tournament ;)

As for "is a LR great in a smaller game"? Yep, most certainly, but just be aware that every durn weapon on the opponent's side is going to be pointed at it, since it will have lots (and lots) of points tied up in it.

It does look very similar to the Rogue Trader 1st Ed. 40k Landraider, but the sponsons are different (afaik, they only had 1 Lascannon per sponson on the Mk1).

The scratch built Land Raider in the RT rulebook only had 1 lascannon per sponson, the plastic kit had 2.

Archived