Everyones been complaining about my list so...

thundrchickn

I run a razorback spam list that pretty much owns just about everything. Too much armor, too many low AP weapons, a ton of power weapons, and still having a very good number of marines.

so people have been complaining and I havn't been to happy to play half the people in my LGS because i feel it would be a waste of time. i decided to work on a new list that would just be odd, low model count, not a lot of armor, and for the most part have some of the noobs in our circle just duece in their pants when I drop this deathstar on the table. i haven't come up with the second half of this army yet so suggestions would be nice.

Reclusiarch with termie armor

Libby with termie armor and SS (sword/wings)

Sang priest with termie armor

5 termies 1 LC 4 TH/SS

LRC EA/MM

935 points I think

I know it's stupid and not competitive but to DS this right into their mists would be hilarious. I'm thinking 2-3 5 man razorback squads and some las/autocannon pred for the other 1k points. That or drop pod a squad of something into their mists to get a locator beacon in their and use the troops to combat squad and pop 2 tanks with meltas.

I just think power weapons on I7, I6, I5 on the charge with a follow up of golf club swings at I1 with a ton of 2+/3+ is nuts plus having 1 that can fly out of the squad to assasinate anything within 18 inches with S10 swings is just funny. And the whole squad together rerolls to hit.

Dude, don't take a weak list just so people will stop moaning. Instead point them to sites like this so they can up their game. You're doing them no favors by taking a weaker list - they won't grow as players and their skill level will remain static. Keep using the Razorback list and help them find ways to get better.

yeah...i really like youre spamlist, but i wouldnt and havent taken it simply because itys far too good and does not allow for competetive enough games, but whats youre local metagame now?

Personally, id fill this list with more armour (dreads and preds) but why not consider a VV/RAS army with deepstrike potential?More boots means more tactics needed (in general) and you can still take youre deathstar unit, just reconfigure it a bit.

REalistically i realise its about the win, but to me its a bigger thrill to win a close game decisivly then to overwhelm my opponent completely

EDIT - ninjad - look at our comments as the same argument from opposite sides, and take both to heart IMO :unsure:

Personally I wouldn't take a SP with a Terminator Assault Squad. FNP is not that useful with a 2+ save and FC is not that much use when the majority of the unit strikes on Init 1 with S8 weapons.

Personally I wouldn't take a SP with a Terminator Assault Squad. FNP is not that useful with a 2+ save and FC is not that much use when the majority of the unit strikes on Init 1 with S8 weapons.

Word.

I tend to choose between 2+ Armor or FNP because it is likely that units in terminator armor are focused by AP 1 /2 weapons which counters PNP as well.

Also the best item for units with furious charge is a normal powerweapon or claws if necessary. You want to make the most of your I5 and S5 is more than enough for most targets you want to get into cc with.

signed

So I would go with Assault Terminators with 3 pairs of claws and 2 TH to get the best benefit from the FC/ FnP Bubble.

dunno why people would complain about your list... if they built competatively and played smart its not like its hard.

I agree, the good players in my meta have had no trouble competing with BA mech.

only a hand full of people are in this competitive league at our LGS. I've played just about everyone at the shop with my list and just about everyone that isn't in that top tier gets tabled. I did play a very inventive list I wasn't expecting in a nids list that only had 5 KP in the entire army. I'm just sick of playing these types of games because I don't feel like I get anything from it and my opponents definately don't.

On to the SP.

-half my points are tied up in 1 squad so I'd like to not lose anyone to a 1 on the die roll.

-half the squad strikes at regular I order(reclusiarch,SP,LIbby,1 regular LC termy) so furius charge is still a nice advantage. The high number of golf clubs just gives me an equal chance to wreck vehicles and MCs as large groups of troops. LCs are sort of useless in this group anyways since they all reroll to hit.

-he's just that cool

I'm also thinking of taking some JP marines to hide behind the LRC and swoop out when the time calls. Just limited on points

If the idea is just a 'fun to play/ scare the crap out of your opponent' list, then fill in your troops choices with a bunch of DC. I'd get a 10 man DC in a drop pod and 2 DC dreads in pods. They are about 555 points stock and leaves you a little room for a scoring unit and even a tank or two.

It may not be hugely effective, but it should be fun.

I like Priests with Termies when I'm fighting Orks... because for some reason... my terminators always die to mass Gretchin fire... FnP increases the odds of surival when the opponent throws 80 dice... he's bound to roll 4,5,6's and I'm bound to roll 1's with that many dice.

. LCs are sort of useless in this group anyways since they all reroll to hit.

LC re roll wounds.

for the most part I'm hitting on 3s with rerolls and wounding on 3s without rerolls which is plenty of wounds considering the 4 power weapon wielders at I5+ should be able to take care of. The 4 golf clubs are there to balance out the squad.

keep playing the list, force them to be better players. You dont get stronger by only lifting the 5lbs weights, you get stronger by trying to lift the 50lbs weights.

THIS.

+1 for each of the voices in my head today... so +9?

or the most part I'm hitting on 3s with rerolls and wounding on 3s without rerolls which is plenty of wounds considering the 4 power weapon wielders at I5+ should be able to take care of. The 4 golf clubs are there to balance out the squad.

well the fact that you shouldnt put 2 HQs with costly termis in to a single LR that is your only tank on the table , while at the same time the unit that cost 800pts has 0 range abilties , is a separate matter. Want an alfa strike list or a LR rush then keep the units cheap . Against a good opponent you will get tabled and against someone who doesnt know how to play ...well they will probably try to charge you anyway , so it doesnt matter what you take.

also I find the idea of razorback list being to "tough" to handle funy , when you change it in to a identical build with the same razors only with a uber LR unit instead of the normal stuff.

Not really doing anyone any favours with the list your suggesting.

There are plenty of fluffy or fun lists however that are far less competitive and might be fun to model up, or extremely challenging to play (Ie a DC army).

I see where you are coming from, since people with tournament lists can really just be a pain to the general player who only does normal games and has an army they like the look or play style of instead of being highly competitive. Losing isn't bad, but being tabled with no chance is :)

or the most part I'm hitting on 3s with rerolls and wounding on 3s without rerolls which is plenty of wounds considering the 4 power weapon wielders at I5+ should be able to take care of. The 4 golf clubs are there to balance out the squad.

well the fact that you shouldnt put 2 HQs with costly termis in to a single LR that is your only tank on the table , while at the same time the unit that cost 800pts has 0 range abilties , is a separate matter. Want an alfa strike list or a LR rush then keep the units cheap . Against a good opponent you will get tabled and against someone who doesnt know how to play ...well they will probably try to charge you anyway , so it doesnt matter what you take.

also I find the idea of razorback list being to "tough" to handle funy , when you change it in to a identical build with the same razors only with a uber LR unit instead of the normal stuff.

this isn't supposed to be competitive. I've got my razor list for that. This is for screwing around. Is there anyway to make a single 2000pt unit without using DC?

problem is a list with razors +mefo isnt much different in game play then a list with razors and an uber LR unit.

If you want something different do a Rhino rush RAs build or a full jump army[a lot weaker and harder to play with ] , even a dual storm alfa strike build is different [+it has a huge chance of falling apart , giving your opponents a chance to massacer].

I wasnt talking about compititive gaming [for that my advice is the same as others , razor spams has match ups that just stomp it dead . no way is it overpowered] , I was talking about your local meta game . But then again if a lot of your opponents build armies spaming tacs or play stuff like necron/wh/dh or play with tier 2 lists , there isnt much you can do [without nerfing your own list] to give them a better chance of wining.

Archived