New 40K MMO game

HsojVvad

I'm still not sure how this is going to work. I mean if it has more than 2 factions, some are bound to be underpopulated and basically dead, while just 2 factions would really limit the game or butcher fluff as that either means it will be say, Imperials v. Orks which is limiting or more likely, Order v. Disorder which will probably lump Orks together with Chaos and perhaps Imperials with Eldar which pretty much butchers fluff.

Also if it lets people choose their chapter that won't make much sense either, I saw Black Templars in the trailer, so while 10 BT banding together to kill an ork boss makes sense as it's kind of like a 40k squad, 2 BT, 4 DA, 3BA, and an Ultra forming a "squad" seems a lot more iffy. Also I know it's in vogue to hate WoW around these parts, but that's a good example in my opinion. Warcraft had some pretty interesting lore going and that all got flushed down when Blizzard had to convert it to fit an MMO format and now it's one big cluster----. In other words I'm afraid that this will just be generic MMO #xyz with 40k skins.

I imagine that there will be multiple factions but each will be against the other. In other words, you play as SM, Ork, or Eldar and have a three way brawl. I mean you could do that and still expect to get enough players to make it work. Balance is always an issue (ie Warhammer Online) but if they take away from the numerous examples set before them then they should be able to do a good job at keeping all the sides as equal as possible.

I really disagree that a 3 faction system will work. Sure the Space Marines will be fine as they will probably have about 60% of the total playerbase, but the Eldar especially would suffer quite a bit in that setup. This will lead to the one odd man out faction eventually mostly only having a small layer of die hards all at the top level and will make it even less inviting to new players as they will have so few other low levels to do things with in that faction. There needs to be a way to offset the enormous amount of SM any such game will inevitably have.

Archived