Crux pattern Storm Raven

Alexos

Thanks for the link. That is a nicely painted model.

Anyway I think that this Stormraven is too sleek for my liking. I find it a bit too thin at the back and the lack of a tail fin or two tail fins sticking up is not how I imagine that this machine would look like. I also find that the engines are attached rather flimsy. Still that person has done a great job constructing it, the tutorial is rather clear and I am sure that it will appeal to some. Me...maybe I'll wait until a model comes out.

I've liked this one since the first time i saw it. it just have the raven look. its sleak and angular like a raven flying. the thunder hawk in all purpose is suppose to be bulky, and huge it carrys alot. Plus it hence the hawk which is way bigger in nature than a raven. the tutorials online seam easy to do and easy if your on a budget. Which most people job, or not have to budget. The way i see it two strom raven "crux" pattern style yeild two stormravens, and two rhinos if you make it right with only buying 4 kits ie.. 2 valkyire, and 2 whirlwinds. With the newer Ba codex those extra rhinos could come in handy or can change them to a different pattern tank altogether. thats just my three cents worth.

@Alexos: I actually used this tutorial to make mine, but I didn't get the clear canopy in the valk kit, so I stole one of the visors off a rhino.

Photos:

gallery_53411_5179_25482.jpg

gallery_53411_5179_18550.jpg

there are gaps and lots of my fixes desperately need to be refined.

@emperors immortals: Wow, I may have to remake my conversion: that kyote pattern looks amazing

@Black Orange: I assume you are talking about my conversion. Lol, I knew it was rough, but I didn't think it was orky...

@GlauG: Yeah, I was going to move that to the bottom. I had magnetized it there when I was still trying to get the original valk cockpit to work and hadn't moved it. I guess I assumed the Space Marines Awesomeness would drive for them, so they didn't need to see.

Archived