Dark Mechanicum

HandOfDorn

Right, as most of us should have read 'Mechanicum', we all ,know the origin of the Dark Mechanicum, however, i always wondered about what exactly the 'Dragon of Mars' was and how it related to the storyline, and also, what exactly was lyin in the Vaults of Moravec, and since he was part of the Order of Singularisomethingorother, surely he was dedicated to The Emperor, yet created weapons and technology of Chaos, any clearing up would be nice, and also if anyone wants to elaborate and just generally talk about the background of this book please go ahead xD

I'd suggest going back and adding a spoiler warning to the topic name for those who have not, in point of fact, read Mechanicum yet.

In other news, the Dragons of Mars is. . . strongly hinted. . . heavily implied. . . all but stated to have been the C'tan known as the Void Dragon. The way I read it, the Emperor bound it to the core of Mars because he foresaw the need for the Adeptus Mechanicus, and the Void Dragon's particular power -- inspiring a degree of technological inventiveness -- suited his purposes for what the Mechanicum was intended to do.

imo...

the dragon of mars is the void dragon. during the book it talks about

a knight in magnificent armour fighting a dragon and taking it away to some unknown place

i think the general wouldnt have turned chaos if he wasnt tempted by the stc's offered by horus..

he had to open the vaults of moravec first to recieve these stc's and then it was too late because he was consumed with greed.. the items that were in the vaults were forbidden by the emperor because of their evil power. it corrupted them in my opinion

i think the general wouldnt have turned chaos if he wasnt tempted by the stc's offered by horus..

he had to open the vaults of moravec first to recieve these stc's and then it was too late because he was consumed with greed.. the items that were in the vaults were forbidden by the emperor because of their evil power. it corrupted them in my opinion

I get the feeling that Regulus was turned by the STC promise, but then he got deeper in, scrapcode corrupts him etc. Soon he's doing it for chaos not STC.

The vault was sealed because it contained nasty forbidden tech. Forbidden because it fused technology with the power of the warp...This is a bad thing, for there must be a price for such a pact. I think...

But also there was a lot of resentment at the Emperor, feeling that he was holding them back, not rewarding them enough. Horus promised them a "fair" share of the power/rewards. Stuff like withdrawing all Imperial forces from the forge worlds with immediate effect. That hooked many of them.

But yeah, mostly opinions :down:

Archived