good sternguard setup

NExOBLIVISCARIS

i was thinking about dropping the stern guard for a full vanguard squad with 4 power weapons because the rest of my army is dante,2 sanguinary guard squads, a priest and terminators and i was planning on deep striking dante with a priest and and some guards, poping a transport with 2-3 infernus pistol shots then assualting the ocupants with the vanguards in the same turn they both deep strike plus the priest would be close enough to give the squad the bonuses. sound good?

i was thinking about dropping the stern guard for a full vanguard squad with 4 power weapons because the rest of my army is dante,2 sanguinary guard squads, a priest and terminators and i was planning on deep striking dante with a priest and and some guards, poping a transport with 2-3 infernus pistol shots then assualting the ocupants with the vanguards in the same turn they both deep strike plus the priest would be close enough to give the squad the bonuses. sound good?

One problem: Once Dante join's the Vanguard, the squad looses heroic intervention.

Yes, veterans loose their veteran skill when the most veteran living space marine in the universe joins them..

One problem: Once Dante join's the Vanguard, the squad looses heroic intervention.

Yes, veterans loose their veteran skill when the most veteran living space marine in the universe joins them..

It's just an issue of balance. Besides, he didn't say Dante was joining the vanguard. I bolded the part were he stated Dante was running with a Sanguinary Guard.

It seems his plan is to use the Sang Guard and Dante to pop open a transport, and use the Vanguard to assault the people inside.

Vanguards do not have access to the Banner, and the Sanguinary Guard don´t receive the +1 attack for pistol + cc weapon as their weapons are two-handed.

To get them 5 attacks, you should have the Sanguinor around.

Back to topic:

I think the best Sternguard setup is a 5-6 men squad, powerweapons and jumppacks all around, descending from the sky and charging the enemy. Or just call them Vanguard.

While the Sternguard might be effective, I still think that they don´t really fit to the aggressive nature of the Blood Angels. Sure, you can pod them and blow up whatever comes your way, but you will probably lose that unit afterwards....a circumstance that I find unacceptable. Well, at least for fluffy games.

Snorri

Sanguinary Guard don´t receive the +1 attack for pistol + cc weapon as their weapons are two-handed.

To get them 5 attacks, you should have the Sanguinor around.

i know that, the guards are going to pop the transport then the vangaurds (who have +1 for close combat and pistol) charge the survivors. and i know the vangaurds dont get the banner plus i just re read the rules for the banner that was my mistake. just have to add more gaurds then. i'm just going to drop the sterngaurd and go all jump packs

1 sarge combi melta power fist

3 combi melta

4 combi flamer

1 heavy flamer

1 sang priest combi melta

rhino

i have run thi a few times against my buddies eldar and they are rather nasty.

Archived