A question about transports

vharing

I have been trying to find a rule about combat squads and transports. I would like to have a 10 man tactical squad split into combat squads and have the group with the heavy weapon sit in cover and the sargent and special weapon go in a razorback and go after objectives. I have looked in the main book but cant seem to find anything. I also want to put a IC in termi armour in a squad transported in a droppod. What does anyone think of these ideas and if they are legal?

terminators can go in drop pods, they are not able to be transported in rhinos/razorbacks as per their rules.

The confusion usually comes because terminator squads cannot buy a drop pod as a transport, but there is nothing stopping an IC joining a squad in a drop pod.

Yes both are perfectly legal...the razorback idea is actually the backbone strategy to my spaz marine army. Have fun!

This is correct (and my strategy for Tactical squads too!)

Anything in termi armour can not go in a drop pod. It has to teleport in if arriving via deepstrike.

This is incorrect. A model in terminator armor can ride in a Drop Pod. It just takes up two spaces.

Archived