Robed Dreadnaughts?

HsojVvad

I was just reading a post and someone mentioned that DA wear robes. Yes I knew that, but he said, SW looked like wolves, while the BA had wings, and DA naturally had robes. This got me thinking. Do DA Dreadnaughths have robes? Does any Dreadnaught have robes? I havn't seen it.

So if not, do you think DA dreads will be dressing up then?

Ha, at first I thought you were talking about a dreadnought who had something stolen from him :D

Edited Topic title ;).

As to full robes on a dread I've not seen it either. I think it might look rediculous (but I'd like to be proved wrong). As the Dread has no 'head' on the top of his body it's difficult to see where the the robes cowl would go. You also need some kind of slot/vent system for the exhausts.

Not saying it's impossible - but If done badly the whole thing might look like a nasty B-movie Mummy accident <_<

I personally think the robe thing has gone a little too far. I don't think any terminators wear robes underneath their armor, for example, and I don't think the majority of DA brothers should be wearing robes into battle. And I would definitely laugh to see a dreadnought wearing robes of any sort. That would just be way too over the top. In my humble (yet accurate) opinion. :lol:

I've seen a few green-stuffed robes on Dreads...it didn't look too good. Overall it gives a very bulgy appearance to an already bulky model.

That being said, if you like it, do it and maybe you'll pull off a good look.

Not enough Fallen to torture methinks....

I think tabards etc would look good, and perhaps a robed Cowl over the head of teh Veteran dread, but fully robed dreads? Nope, just can't see it - imagine the fire hazard!

Now with that image, I'm picturing a dread falling back on his pre-dread instincts and freaking out that he is on fire.

(in his deep electronic dread voice)

"OMG OMG I'M ON FIRE OMG OMG IT HURTS IT HUR...oh wait...nevermind...no it doesn't..."

(looks over at the tactical squad laughing at him)

"you shut up!!"

Now with that image, I'm picturing a dread falling back on his pre-dread instincts and freaking out that he is on fire.

(in his deep electronic dread voice)

"OMG OMG I'M ON FIRE OMG OMG IT HURTS IT HUR...oh wait...nevermind...no it doesn't..."

(looks over at the tactical squad laughing at him)

"you shut up!!"

LOL that was good. :D

Not enough Fallen to torture methinks....

I think tabards etc would look good, and perhaps a robed Cowl over the head of teh Veteran dread, but fully robed dreads? Nope, just can't see it - imagine the fire hazard!

true, sightings of the fallen have been scarce over the last few years, we've been stagnating on starching our robes.

That aside, robaed dreadnoughts. Loincloths are easy to acieve and can give a start to the effect. For a fuller robed marine feeling one could use a black tamplar front and robed DA head for a good sarcophagus conversion to incoprorate a full robed inner circle feel. Fully robing the dreadnought body? You would have to be carefull. Too much robe and you would find he looks like a marshmallow.

It could work though. Thin application of greenstuff starting over the shoulder joins and bunching down to the waist at the front and back, then a tabard flowing down between the legs. Would leave the sensors and exhausts unobstructed wnd the arms free to do what they do best.

Now i'm staring at my converted AOBR venerable dread on the shelf and i'm rather tempted to give it a go. Even if it fails i can just peel it off again and pretend it never happened right? :down:

Al

I could certainly see some "drape" type things (Caution: Religious picture following) like what the Pope is wearing around his neck.

But robes? Heck no. It would look like a giant kids toy Dark Angel. You might as well attach a penguin head on top and give it a bolter to look like this, except a Dark Angel.

Archived